Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had my car in for a 30k service (now at 167000 miles). Platinum plugs, air filter, fuel filter, PS fluid, coolant, tranny fluid and throttle body cleaning. I was surprised at how much of a difference there was. Keep in mind that if you had asked me how my car as doing two weeks ago, I would have told you it was in perfect working order but: the very first thing I noticed is how much smoother the steering was and how it took less effort to turn the wheel. It took me some driving to put my finger on it, but the transmission definitely shifts a lot smoother too. I specifically (don't) notice the shifting between 2nd 3rd and 4th. I haven't gotten through a full tank of gas yet but I look forward to my fuel economy improving from 18-19.99 MPG.

A side note, as my car was made in March 1992, this marks the cars 16th birth-month. This service also puts general maintenance and repairs just over $20,000 for December's life time. That brings yearly maintenance and repair costs to about $1250 per year. I think thats good but maybe you guys can challenge me with your yearly maintenance average.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Well if you wait 2-3 years to change out the failing axles and ball joints like I did...you can sure stretch out the maintenance per year average :lol:

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you wait 2-3 years to change out the failing axles and ball joints like I did...you can sure stretch out the maintenance per year average :lol:
Ha. My car has definitely had more than its fair share of repair needs. Based on what I've seen of other peoples maintenance records, I get the feeling that the later model G2s were more reliable. Of course, it may just seem that way as they're 12-14 years old as opposed to 16-17 years old.

I think I'm at just under $18k in maintenance. Production month 10/93. Comes out to right about the same yearly expenditure that yours has. Glad to hear December is feeling happy and healthy.
Thats relieving to hear. Does that price include your dear hunting expenditures? Seems like it must since I'm up a costly BHG repair.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Pinyix, have you had your car from the start?
If so, thats damn amazing and crazy dedication

If not.. well.. nice car ^__^

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pinyix, have you had your car from the start?
If so, thats damn amazing and crazy dedication

If not.. well.. nice car ^__^
In a manner of speaking. I remember the salesman giving me a stuffed animal and driving the car off the lot for the first time... when I was four... :D

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
Does that price include your deer hunting expenditures? Seems like it must since I'm up a costly BHG repair.
Oh no way, that deer hunt cost me over $6,000 when it was all said and done. Not a cheap adventure by any means! It's not on my spreadsheet... nor are most of my tires. The reason why we're at about the same montly amount and you've gone through a HG is probably that I have nearly twice as many oil changes and therefore a lot more "standard" maintenance expenditures. I'll be hitting 320k in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts