Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day when I got in my car to go to work I noticed my green light had changed to yellow. What does this mean?

When i bought the car the light was red but I got my 90k service (timing belt, water pump, etc) it changed to green.

SO what does yellow mean???:eek:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
this is just a mechanically linked sensor to let you be reminded that it is time for oil change service (linked to odometer and goes from green to red in about 7500 miles) To reset, insert key and push in the slot below it on the plastic dash....this is just a colored disk not a light....better than the reset needed on my BMW, which is electronic and requires you to buy a special tool or have the dealer do it after they service (ripoff).

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
MadDog said:
The other day when I got in my car to go to work I noticed my green light had changed to yellow. What does this mean?
When i bought the car the light was red but I got my 90k service (timing belt, water pump, etc) it changed to green.
SO what does yellow mean???:eek:
MadDog,

the color changer, means that you traveled aproxiamtely X amount of (Km / Miles). The colored wheel, which is attched on the trip odometer, and odomter will change from green to yellow in about 4K miles, then to red in about 7.5K miles. Reseting this colored wheels is the same like the reseting on your trip meter. It really has no direct meaning toward maintenence, unless you reset that wheel every time you do a service. If you did a service, and failed to reset the wheel, then the color indicator will change color to early, and make you think you need another service as indicated by the (KM/Miles) traveled. If you had reset that wheel in the middle of a service interval, then it will start again from full green, and take longer to change color, thus over shooting the desired miles for service. After this, a reminder that a service might will be coming up soon.

By the way, the slot is right under that indicator on the edge of the cluster trim. Hope this helps you...

Mike / Cologne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts