Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I just noticed on my 94 Coupe that the little
box in my dash display for 'Maintenance Required' is red. Typically it's like a greenish-amber
color, but now it's red. It's not brightly
illuminated, just sort of red.

Is this comparable to a 'check engine' light ?

Usually this means to replace the EGR valve.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Generally means time to change your engine oil and other fluids. You can just reset it by sticking the ignition key in the slot below it.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
porkadobo said:
Hi All.

I just noticed on my 94 Coupe that the little
box in my dash display for 'Maintenance Required' is red. Typically it's like a greenish-amber
color, but now it's red. It's not brightly
illuminated, just sort of red.

Is this comparable to a 'check engine' light ?
Usually this means to replace the EGR valve.
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Maintenance Required Light

The color changer, means that you traveled aproxiamtely X amount of (Km / Miles). The colored wheel, which is attched on the trip odometer, and odomter will change from green to yellow in about 4K miles, then to red in about 7.5K miles. Reseting this colored wheels is the same like the reseting on your trip meter. It really has no direct meaning toward maintenence, unless you reset that wheel every time you do a service. If you did a service, and failed to reset the wheel, then the the color indicator will change color to early, and make you think you need another service as indicated by the (KM/Miles traveled. If you had reset that wheel in the middle of a service interval, then it will start again from full green, and take longer to change color, thus over shooting the desired miles for service. After this, a reminder that a service might will be coming up soon.

By the way, the slot is right under that indicator on the edge of the cluster trim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts