Acura Legend Forum banner

Major camber problems anyone? Read if u got HR's and Ingalls.

982 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  92coupeon18s 
#1 ·
Ahh yes, It seems to be a beautiful day to work on my car. Jacked up the car, remove some bolts, preset the camber adjusters to max positive setting, installed the camber kit, and lowered the car back down. This is where the day turned sour. The car had no finger gaps before the install, yet when I lowered the car the front had a 1 1/2 finger gap. I reach my hand under the fender where the A arm is. That's the problem, the A arm is touching the fender, in fact the whole front end is resting on the fender. There is no suspension support at all. I tried pushing the car down to see if the suspenion worked, it's hard as rock. I assumed the alignment shop should fix this, therefore I jacked the car back up and set the camber to max-negative setting. Now the car is sitting regularly (no finger gaps). I goto the alignment shop. I return to only find my car aligned, but the car is sitting with 2 finger gaps and no suspension.

Anyone had this problem before? I got the Ingalls 3572 kit and Suspension Techniques springs on Koni Shocks.

#6 ·
Yes, I did it myself. A few pointers, set the camber before u put the kit in, put it on the mark for 2 degrees. jack the car up til the tire barley touches the ground, not doing so will result in dislocating the CV joint. Before anything, goto your local alignment shops to make sure u can get the car on the rack. I went to three different places and they all told me they wont do it. I went to Firestone and got it done but I had to take off the front bumper in the parking lot to be able to get the car on with out ripping off the kit.

#7 ·
BulletZero said:
Yes, I did it myself. A few pointers, set the camber before u put the kit in, put it on the mark for 2 degrees. jack the car up til the tire barley touches the ground, not doing so will result in dislocating the CV joint. Before anything, goto your local alignment shops to make sure u can get the car on the rack. I went to three different places and they all told me they wont do it. I went to Firestone and got it done but I had to take off the front bumper in the parking lot to be able to get the car on with out ripping off the kit.
I'm sure you have a specialty shop that does lowered cars somewhere in your area. There are a few special alignment shops in my state that does lowered cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.