Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am typing this in off topic because it has almost absolutly nothing to do with my legend. This might be a long post-sorry and thanks guys and girls.

I currently have 2 jobs. I am 19 and live with my parents-no real reason for me to move out yet. One job is two days a week the other takes up the other days of the week for a total of 49hrs a week. It is starting to wear me down. If I quit the job that is two days a week I will be making a little less money. The job that is the other days of the week will probably give me a few more hrs if I ask-possibly making more money-more hrs closer to home. The job that is two days a week also VERY BORING!!! I wrote a note to the manager of the job I want to keep to see what she says.This would give me one or two days a week off, more time with my Legend. My parents are totally behind me. Any suggestions? (Seasick Legend-I would not be driving through Auburn anymore-we need to meet and take those pics before I quit :) )

PS: The job I would keep is with a company I have been with since I was still in school (16). and my mom works for the same company and the Owner of the company is really nice and cool(likes my car :) ) . The commute is also much shorter-15-20 miles shorter!
Once again-thanks for reading

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I think it all depends on what you want..... and what kind of person you are.

Personally, I am money hungry.... not that it is bad to be that way, but it is what you want that will make your decision.

If you want to save a whole wack of money, put a bit of cash into your car, spend a bit here and there, and have a good amount of disposable income, then stick with both jobs. If you want to have a good summer, then keep the job that only lets you work two days a week. If you want to earn decent money, go work with the company your mom works for, and that way you will keep a good reference (never burn your bridges).

If you want to make really good cash working only one job.... nothing beats a labour job.

Me..... I am also 19 living at home rent free with no reason to move out, as I am going to school come fall. I enjoy working towards a paycheck every two weeks, no matter how long my days are. I work with the Calgary Waterworks Dept, 3 days a week X 12 hours a day... so 36 hours a week for that job. I also own my own company, selling plastic building products, etc, which takes up the other four days. I dont stop all day long, but I make really good coin.

It has helped me tremendously as I only owe $2000 on my six speed that I just bought 3 months ago. I have all sorts of other toys that none of my friends have..... its kinda neat.

However the price of success is that I dont have much time for traveling, going out etc.... kinda sux, but you cant have your cake and eat it too right....
\
I hope you make the right decision, and just remember to look at the big picture, always....

:)

·
Registered
685 Posts
God I wish I was making that much money, I am 19 also, and living with my mom, and I too see no real reason to move out yet. I make, 20 hrs a week, and the pisser is thats the maximum I can work. Definitly makes it hard to spend money on the car.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to make things clear-If I stick with the job closer to home, I will spend less money on gass, I wont have to go out to dinner every Monday night and intern will put less miles on my Legend. Some weeks depending on when they need me,the job with the same company as my mom could actually be more money! Quitting the job with the company my mom works for is not an option-that job has much more action and is partially a labor job. It is also a lot more action packed-not as boring as the other one.
Thanks for the responses so far.

·
Registered
238 Posts
91LSMAN said:
(Seasick Legend-I would not be driving through Auburn anymore-we need to meet and take those pics before I quit :) )
Awe man, No more trips to Wendys. What, did you get sick of the spicy chicken;) . Thats cool, pm 2 days before your ready so I can be sure to have my ride clean:D.

G

·
There's no way you can get sick of the spicy chicken ;)!!!!

I'm more of a junior bacon cheeseburger man my self though (only 99 cents).

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could never get sick of the spicy chicken!!!:) I have gotten sick of the 2 days a week job though-worked there today, phone rang twice and one of the times it was my dad telling me Nintendo just gave my little bro a new GameCube!!

Seasick legend-I saw you today!!! 4:09 PM you were driving down central ave. Whenever I see a Legend drive by I always stand up, and today I was like hey-that was seasick legend! (The duals made it obvious :) )

Back to my orginal post-I talked with the manager of the company I want to stay with and she is going to talk to the owner. Even if they don't want me to work more hrs. I still live at home with my parents and only have to pay for things that pertain to my Legend!! I would still, after all necessary expenses have almost $300 left over per month-for me that is plenty-I am good at saving.

PS: Even though I could never get sick of the spicy chicken, I have been going to skippers the past 3 weeks and might go there tomorrow-I guess I can change. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.