Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine those of with ksports don't run into this situation.

When you shift gears does the car rock up and down a lot? I mean when I put in the clutch, the car settles quiet a bit, then when I engage another gear, it sits back down.

What's a normal amount for the car to do this? Koni's and stock springs are my setup, konis have less than 20k on them, and perform well in other situations (turning and such)

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
My coupe has always done that I've had the suspension looked at and everything checks out alright, so i guess it's normal.

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
I imagine those of with ksports don't run into this situation.

When you shift gears does the car rock up and down a lot? I mean when I put in the clutch, the car settles quiet a bit, then when I engage another gear, it sits back down.

What's a normal amount for the car to do this? Koni's and stock springs are my setup, konis have less than 20k on them, and perform well in other situations (turning and such)
I haven't noticed this much on dad's 100% stock suspension with 100k+... at least, I don't think...

I'd say have a look at your transmission mounts.

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
mine is about to turn over to 252K so i may need to look in to my mounts as well

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
yes my boss's stock coupe does this. I suspect thou its b/c he has monroe shocks in the front and worn springs, as i noticed it sit a little low.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rear trans mount is brand new, mid mounts are almost brand new, and the front engine mounts are solid....

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Its the soft spring rates and softer shocks aging.

Switch to Ksports or JIC*

*problem solved

~Dv8

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had this problem with my type 2 sedan with stock suspension that had over 210,000 miles on it.

When doing burnouts at the drag strip my car looked like it was almost doing wheelies. My friends told me it looked like a motor boat taking off because the back end sat so far down with nose up in the air like a speed boat lol.

When shifting from 1st to 2nd it would dive then pop back up. This definitely killed my 1/4 mile time.

Looks like it's time to pick up some ksports or a koni sport kit if your looking for a smoother ride.

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
Damn i was hoping that was my tranny mounts....
guess not. Even tho im running fairly new Konis / Eibachs :thumbsdow

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts