Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Lexus ES300 & these pictured in early 90's...Notice which car still looks new today...Ummm....Having a hard time figuring it out? I didn't think so...Can you say "Legend"? Can you say "Timeless design"? :)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
the ES300 was more on par with the Vigor....the LS400 and Legend were competitors...the ES300 was the entry level Lexus...also remember the ES250? Yes, a Camry...

The ES300 comparable to the I30 by Infiniti as well

ES300...from 28k-33k
Legend 35k-45k
LS400 36k-40k
Q45 39k--45k

·
Registered
733 Posts
It really isn't much of a comparison (engine -wise) because the Legends are only running a V-6 when all others i.e BMW, Lexus, Q-45, Town Car, and Seville are running eights. Just don't know what Acura was thinking when they decided to put a six in a 3300 + lb ride. At least do it for the sedan and give an optional for the coupe. For the first time, the other day I drove my boy's sedan, and I see sometimes why these cars have tranny problems. It's just too much weight.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
It really isn't much of a comparison (engine -wise) because the Legends are only running a V-6 when all others i.e BMW, Lexus, Q-45, Town Car, and Seville are running eights. Just don't know what Acura was thinking when they decided to put a six in a 3300 + lb ride. At least do it for the sedan and give an optional for the coupe. For the first time, the other day I drove my boy's sedan, and I see sometimes why these cars have tranny problems. It's just too much weight.
Ya, thats my point, the LS400 and Q45 both have always had V8's...Thats why I said the ES300 was more on the Legends level of competition...

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
hmmm, I dust LS400's in my coupe :rolleyes:, Q45's too actually.
i agree.

I have done the same, and of vehicles of the same years..my brother has a 91 Q45, and even though it has 282hp, my type I still beat him off the line...whether I was driving his, and vice versa.

Also, please recognize that the ES300 now is not equal to the RL now...which is still the Legend.

Also, the Q and LS of the same years still ran very comparable 0-60 and 1/4 times...and the Legend has a V6...not bad for a car that has almost 100hp less than its competition.

I agree with the guys in the other thread though..hmm, imagine Honda finally waking up and dropping a V12 in the flagship...maybe they were holding out...as to not embarass the competition, but inadvertently did the same to themselves...:confused:

All in all, I am just saying V6 or not, do not downplay your car...it has the timeless design, less hp, but more useable power than the competition in the sam era...let's observe what honda has in store for us

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.