Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to start a new business and am looking for help. I have a product and a web page but I don't know a good way to get the word out about the product or webpage. If anyone can help me come up with ideas I would be very grateful..

I originally thought of starting with advertising on radio talk shows, but I was told by the salesman that I would probably only get about 24 sales a week form the ads that cost 2-3 grand a week to run. Since my profit is only about $25-30 each I would go bankrupt real quick!!

My webpage is fordfix.info if anyone has a Ford or knows anyone with a ford, I'll give a $10.00 discount from the advertised $40.00 selling price if you mention AL.com..

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
Looks like you need to jump on some Ford forums. Go to Vistaprint.com http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?dr=1&GP=11/28/2005+1:03:01+PM and use their free business cards offer to make some advertising cards (250 cards and you just pay $5 for S&H or 500 with $8 S&H). You can place them at local Ford hang outs (Auto repair shops, Autoparts stores, Paint & Collision shops etc.) Just ask the manager if you can leave some cards on the counter. I would even stick them on Fords I see parked.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hotlavaflow said:
Looks like you need to jump on some Ford forums. Go to Vistaprint.com http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?dr=1&GP=11/28/2005+1:03:01+PM and use their free business cards offer to make some advertising cards (250 cards and you just pay $5 for S&H or 500 with $8 S&H). You can place them at local Ford hang outs (Auto repair shops, Autoparts stores, Paint & Collision shops etc.) Just ask the manager if you can leave some cards on the counter. I would even stick them on Fords I see parked.
Thanks for the ideas.

I have posted to a couple ford forums and e-mailed a couple more for permission to post (many are run by magazines that sell advertising so they don't allow solicitations...)

I had thought about going to some repair shops, but was concerned I'd be doing more work in running around than I would generate business from a small shop (obviously Ford dealerships are out of the question..)

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey Guys(& Gals),

It's time to think about Christmas gifts for everyone!!!

I know we all love our Legends, but there are so many Fords out there I'm sure you all have at least one friend or family member driving one, so order a couple of these for Christmas presents!!!! (Don't forget the 25% - $10.00 discount for members!! :D )

Yeah, I know it's a shameless plug, but a guy's gotta make a living!! :giggle:

· 502MotorSports.com
9,375 Posts
Marketing....

logic said:
Thanks for the ideas.

I had thought about going to some repair shops, but was concerned I'd be doing more work in running around than I would generate business from a small shop (obviously Ford dealerships are out of the question..)
Dude, marketing is your most important thing. Its the rule of averages. For all that you do, expect 20% of the folks to contact you. That means you will have to get out there somehow, and in different mediums, and in LARGE numbers to expect a big return.

Ideas:
Your Website
SmartShopper.com Ads (print/website)
Thrifty Nickel
Obtain a Ford and put the URL on the windshield, sides, and rear if you cannot afford to wrap it right now. That worked really good for Legendarylegendz.com back in the day.
The Vista Print idea is good too. They normally give away fridge magnets and things like that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.