Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,039 Posts
for some reason

i dont think that that meet is gonna happen as planned.

too many variables.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Re: for some reason

jose3030 said:
i dont think that that meet is gonna happen as planned.

too many variables.
You just a PW :p :D

The MEET Is gonna happen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To anyone that is interested, for this meet there will be a sponsor, trying to get more. There will be refreshments, music, t-shirts, and possibly prizes.

Sponsor is Honda Acura World Dealership in Niagara Falls. I am still trying to get more sponsors.

The meet will be July 6th. Caravaning from NYC on July 5th.

Open to all in the northeast even further if you are willing to drive.

So far people are coming from Canada, NYc, Chicago and Conn & Mass.

There will be TL/TL-s, CL/CL-s, Legends, Maxima, Altima, RSX and Accord V6 so far these are the only clubs that seem to show interest. There may be more soon.

Thanks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
FYI

state police up there past rochester have nothing to do but give out tickets for tints, suspension, exhaust, etc.
in my past experience, i've taken my car up there about 5 times and got 7 tickets.

here's the NYS laws they will catch you on..

1. All windows should let in 70% of light. they will use a meter. Our cars without tints let in 70-75% light. if you have tints, you will get busted.

2. The top of the headlight housing should be no less than 22 inches off the ground. if you have koni eibachs on the lowest perch in the front. it will measure 21.5 inches, you will get busted.

3. the exhaust should not exceed 81 decibels from 10 meters away. if you have a greddy, the big tip can me spotted a mile away and you will get bust.

4. if you have clear corners or side markers with bulbs other than red or amber, (i.e hyper white) you will get busted.

sorry fro the long post but i thought you should know what you're in for when you go up. just lookin out. if you go, i suggest you go at night, the later the better.

-j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been there with My Legend so far twice and no tickets. I've been there before many times with other friends and cars, still no tickets. I think as long as we aren't causing a scene or anything it is pretty safe.

B-lo should know, is it true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,292 Posts
Re: FYI

aiznpride said:
state police up there past rochester have nothing to do but give out tickets for tints, suspension, exhaust, etc.
in my past experience, i've taken my car up there about 5 times and got 7 tickets.

here's the NYS laws they will catch you on..

1. All windows should let in 70% of light. they will use a meter. Our cars without tints let in 70-75% light. if you have tints, you will get busted.

2. The top of the headlight housing should be no less than 22 inches off the ground. if you have koni eibachs on the lowest perch in the front. it will measure 21.5 inches, you will get busted.

3. the exhaust should not exceed 81 decibels from 10 meters away. if you have a greddy, the big tip can me spotted a mile away and you will get bust.

4. if you have clear corners or side markers with bulbs other than red or amber, (i.e hyper white) you will get busted.

sorry fro the long post but i thought you should know what you're in for when you go up. just lookin out. if you go, i suggest you go at night, the later the better.

-j
Ok state poloce around here no way, only speeding. Now some of the suburbs around buffalo yes tint is big, nothing else really. NF cops dont give a ****, sam with buffalo. Now if ray laks is holding meet that is a suburb so beats and tint might pose a threat.More than likely u will be ok especiall ysince u are from out of town.I have driven around 2 years and no tickets for cc, exhaust,NO blue bulbs u will get caught though,I dont think I have ever heard of that too low ine, I know people with low rider truck s and they have no problem.

PS my boy is looking into hotel deal. Friday latest he should know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,292 Posts
Buffalo and NF cops have alot to deal with since NYC drug dealers have moved down here, crime rate has shot up:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
maybe it was just me cause i got a red cop magnet. one time i was asked to step outside so they could do check the vin numbers to make sure they all match. go figure.
:mad:
prolly just tryin to give a brother a hard time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blo - thanks for the update regarding the cops in Buf and NF. E-mail me regarding the details for the hotel rates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update for this "meet"

Well folks looks like this has turned from a "meet" to an "event".

American Honda Corporation may show up at this event with some interesting presentations and things to show off.

I will be needing a head count of who is interested in going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Re: FYI

aiznpride said:
state police up there past rochester have nothing to do but give out tickets for tints, suspension, exhaust, etc.
in my past experience, i've taken my car up there about 5 times and got 7 tickets.

here's the NYS laws they will catch you on..

1. All windows should let in 70% of light. they will use a meter. Our cars without tints let in 70-75% light. if you have tints, you will get busted.

2. The top of the headlight housing should be no less than 22 inches off the ground. if you have koni eibachs on the lowest perch in the front. it will measure 21.5 inches, you will get busted.

3. the exhaust should not exceed 81 decibels from 10 meters away. if you have a greddy, the big tip can me spotted a mile away and you will get bust.

4. if you have clear corners or side markers with bulbs other than red or amber, (i.e hyper white) you will get busted.

sorry fro the long post but i thought you should know what you're in for when you go up. just lookin out. if you go, i suggest you go at night, the later the better.

-j
Hmm, not so true about the state police. I must have been pulled over 5 times by staties around Rochester and Buffalo (I live in Rochester) in my tinted, dropped, loud Integra. Only ever got the speeding tickets. The staties are mostly interested in speeders. The cops to watch out for are the county sherriffs in the rural counties between Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Hey, blklegend,

I posted on the TL forums that i might be going. I have made up my mind and i am definitely going. So count me in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
legendohio said:
Hey, blklegend,

I posted on the TL forums that i might be going. I have made up my mind and i am definitely going. So count me in.
Cool, see you there. I'll send you more info once I wrap things up with the sponsors.

This is going to be a huge event.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,292 Posts
Police should be fine just be careful about speed. Hotels i am looking inot but need a vauge head count.
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,321 Posts
well, well, well...we may need to turn this into LeegendPendance day for our EAST COAST!! What do you guys think? I want to go, and Banel said he wants to as well...I guess now I need to talk to our ATL group and ee what they think...otherwise, the rest of them will do it in FL or here....we'll see
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top