Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Tell me, are Legends notorious for having their master cylinders fail? I finally got a chance to look through all the serice receipts for my car and have found that the MC has been replaced 5 times in the cars 15 year history. And get this, all the MCs were OEM! I've only had the car about 5 months now and have replaced the MC once already. Don't get me wrong, I love my Legend, I just wanna know if anyone else out there has had trouble with their MC like me. Thanks.

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
RedSun106 said:
Hey guys,

Tell me, are Legends notorious for having their master cylinders fail? I finally got a chance to look through all the serice receipts for my car and have found that the MC has been replaced 5 times in the cars 15 year history. And get this, all the MCs were OEM! I've only had the car about 5 months now and have replaced the MC once already. Don't get me wrong, I love my Legend, I just wanna know if anyone else out there has had trouble with their MC like me. Thanks.
Are you talking about the brake master or clutch master? I replaced my clutch master and slave at about 160k and I'm now at about 190k and I think my brake master is orignal.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am on my 3rd brake MC. OEM lasted 52k and second 51k miles. Installed the last at 103k miles.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about the brake master or clutch master?
I'm talking about the brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The master cylinder on my car is the original one, believe it or not.

The clutch master and slave cylinders were replaced at 109k miles.

"If it was going to wear out, it would have a long time ago" :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts