Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my windows isnt working, so dealership told me i needed a new master switch. has anyone replaced theres? anyone know of the cheapest place to get one? i called a most of the junk yards in the area with no luck. the dealership quoted me like almost 400 for the master switch plus another 150 labor. i just dont have the money for that right now, i need to find one for cheaper. does the dealership price sound right? any help is appreciated greatly, thanks.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
The dealership price is ripping you off. Should be around the $240 range for the master power window switch, but $150 labor?????, try checking around for a local import repair shop to install it for you. Try ordering a new one from:
Ahmotor.com at http://www.ahmotor.com/product/ahmcat2.htm#3F

or Augusta of Acura at 800-736-6818 and say your with the Legend forums to get this group discount.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Which window? If one of the rears, might just be creeping green crud in the pillar connector.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Is this just for one window or all of the passenger windows? Normally the copper connector in the driver's master power windows switch breaks and loses contact, thus all of the passenger windows get stuck closed or open.

·
Registered
702 Posts
hey man, i had my master window control panel replaced...the damn dealership had quoted me for $300 for just the part and not including labor and i was just like whatever, and ended up going to a honda dealership where i know this guy who hooked me up with it for $125 parts and labor and i've never had problems since. but i think that this was a one time thing because it was a spare part he had from when he had a legend.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
hmm, just one of the passenger windows? Are you absolutely sure it's not just that one door has a motor problem? Did the dealer actually isolate it to the driver's master switch, b/c it normally when that lock switch breaks, all the passenger windows will lock in place?

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
I had a similar problem. The driver side rear window would only occasionally work with the master switch, but worked fine from the rear switch. I took the door panel apart, got the master switch out, and cleaned the contacts. Rear window fixed. Unfortunately, I messed up the driver side window switch somehow, so I had to get a new switch at the dealer for $300. So, if you take your switch apart, be very careful around the driver side window one. Don't do what I did.

Anyway, I reinstalled everything within 10 minutes. Really easy. Get a helm manual if you need it. I put some large washers behind some of the screws holding the armrest to the door panel, to make it a more secure holding while I was at it.

$150 for labor? I'd be rich if I got $150 for putting that sucker in. Forget med school!! :)

Anyway, this is a really easy repair. You just need to know how to take the door panel off. 4 screws, then a bunch of little clips. Things to watch out for include the door lock mechanism.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.