Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think? I think it looks like a sweet-ass car! That and the Nissan G35 Coupe are the only cars that I'd think about trading my Legend in for.

The Mazda would be a first choice, simply because it is more affordable than a fully-fitted (the way I want it) Nissan G35 Coupe. Though, the pricing is not official for the Mazda, it's hard to tell at this point, since both cars are aimed to start just below $30K.

The Nissan G35 Coupe (with all the options that I want, assuming most are the same as the Nissan G35 Sedan) begins at $31K and tops out at $37K.

I am hoping the Mazda with all the features and amenities that Mazda has to offer will still be less than $34K. That would be a **** good buy!

Here's the Mazda RX-8 Website. Check it out! Looks sweet!

And an equally yoked vehicle, the Nissan G35 Coupe. Check this out too! It looks equally sweet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
hehehe, I see you changed your member status thingy.

The thing about Mazda is that it's just like Mitsubishi vehicles, very unreliable. Especially on the self destruct Rotary Engine:p Just like you once mentioned, don't trade in the Legend unless you are getting the G35. You'll need the legend when the RX-8 is having warranty work done at the dealer~
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
Well, our original plan when we sold my wifes 95 Legend LS Coupe for teh 94 Civbic EX Coupe was to save up some money for my NSX and for a nice 4 door for her. It was probably going to be the GS400, but we are really considering getting the G35 Coupe with the 18" rim package :) The compromise for getting the Coupe; however, is getting the automatic instead of the 6-Speed. That's okay though, since it will be her car anyway, and I hopefully will have my other two Acura 6-Speeds for myself :D

But truthfully, teh G35 Coupe appears to be pretty nice. I never owned a Nissan before, but if the test drive goes well later in the year and the reviews are all good, the G35 might be my wifes next car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the Senior Member [Member Status] deal made me feel so old and compared to others who posts are in the 1000s, I feel young.

That's what I am afraid of. I know the last gen RX7 had tons of electrical issues like the Mitsubishi's. Being under Ford control doesn't help much except now Mazda can afford to advertise it more and get the word-of-mouth out better and faster.

But, the G35 that I want is way too high and it's pushing the upper limits of my annual salary. Though, next year, I'll still qualify for the College Grad program, so that would be nice to get it for relatively low financing and hopefuly some 1-2 payment savings! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad that you didn't do it. If that Civic EX Coupe was going to be an automatic, I can tell you already the power is horrible, especially on hills, where the Civic sounds like it will explode (my fiancee drives a Civic EX Sedan Automatic). Definitely keep your Legend, find a nice used NSX and trade in your wife's Legend for the G35.

I wonder how much I can get for my Legend though. I think I'd rather sell it privately, since by the time the G35 Coupe rolls around, I'll be well into the 110K mile range and Nissan won't take that car for that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
asianlegend said:
Glad that you didn't do it. If that Civic EX Coupe was going to be an automatic, I can tell you already the power is horrible, especially on hills, where the Civic sounds like it will explode (my fiancee drives a Civic EX Sedan Automatic). Definitely keep your Legend, find a nice used NSX and trade in your wife's Legend for the G35.
Hey asianlegend, I guess you haven't been following ChrisK's vehicles life history recently huh.
Chris did sell his wife's legend for a auto Civic EX coupe few weeks ago.

But you're right about the civic, my gf drives a 98 Civic EX sedan auto, it is so weak, I'm affraid to take it on the highways. I told her to get an Accord, but she wanted something small and cute
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
ChrisK said:
But truthfully, teh G35 Coupe appears to be pretty nice. I never owned a Nissan before, but if the test drive goes well later in the year and the reviews are all good, the G35 might be my wifes next car.
With the sedan's good reviews, I think the coupe will only exceed it:D After all, it is the chasis that the next GT-R will use:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DOH! I wonder what Chris's wife is thinking now.... **** piece of 5h!t 4-cylinder that loses 25% of its horsepower because it's mated to this crappy automatic OR maybe that's what ChrisK is thinking!

WhiteLegend said:
Hey asianlegend, I guess you haven't been following ChrisK's vehicles life history recently huh.Chris did sell his wife's legend for a auto Civic EX coupe few weeks ago.

But you're right about the civic, my gf drives a 98 Civic EX sedan auto, it is so weak, I'm affraid to take it on the highways. I told her to get an Accord, but she wanted something small and cute
:rolleyes:
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
asianlegend said:
DOH! I wonder what Chris's wife is thinking now.... **** piece of 5h!t 4-cylinder that loses 25% of its horsepower because it's mated to this crappy automatic OR maybe that's what ChrisK is thinking!

Yes, but look what she is going to end up with in the future. Either a nice used Lexus GS400, or a new G35 Coupe. :) We got the Civic for $4000 which isn't bad for a nice 94 EX Coupe. Only trouble is the **** insurace on the 94 Civic (Same coverage as my 93 6-Speed Legend) is 50 cents more a month than the Legend. How do you figure that.:rolleyes: But truthfully, the NSX was the main reason why we are doing this, and a new car for her was a ways off, but the G35 Coupe is really a nice car and not that bad in price. So, we are going to have to get real creative to try and buy both if we can. In all of this, I'm really trying to keep my 6-Speed if at all posible. I think I can manage these ambitious goals, and it will be fun to try either way regardless of the outcome. The woste that can happen is I get an NSX and she drives the 6-Speed, or the best outcome is I keep my 6-Speed, get an NSX, and she gets her car :D

Anyway, that's what makes life fun. Pursuing your dreams. You either make it, or you don't, but you should ejoy the journey.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
claus44 said:
18" Cheap&Heavy Rims with Crazy Semperit Tires
CLAUS - you still got those 18s on your car? Wasn't that like 2 mo. ago, you bought 17s? What happened to those?

ChrisK said:
Only trouble is the **** insurace on the 94 Civic (Same coverage as my 93 6-Speed Legend) is 50 cents more a month than the Legend. How do you figure that.:rolleyes:
CHRISK - I can only imagine that there were lots of accidents or Civics stolen (or broken into and were reported to the insurance companies) in Hawaii, since insurance and car resale values still largely depend on the ZIP code or general area where you live.

The worst decision would be to give up on Acura altogether and move to Audi, like AndrewG did. :p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
haven't had any luck with them lately, called them a few weeks ago and they said they still can't find the last rim:rolleyes: Guess I'll just ask them to refund my deposit and look for something else. My brother in law suggested that I should save up enough money for both rims + suspension before I back down to 17" though~ Gotta think about that as well~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
claus44 said:
My brother in law suggested that I should save up enough money for both rims + suspension before I back down to 17" though~ Gotta think about that as well~
WHAT?!?!?! :eek: If I recall 2 months ago, we and some others had this discussion and I thought you said you never wanted to lower your Legend. Now you do? What made ya do that? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
ahah, it's just a though~ My brother in law was afraid that I'll hate the handling when I back down to 17". That's why he suggested that I should save up enough $$ so I can mod the suspension if I want to. Most likely I'll never do that though~

another reason I want to back out from the deal is that some how I went psyco in the past four weeks and have been going to Le Prive(expensive club in downtown LA) quite often, so even if they do finally give me a call telling me that the rims are here, I don't know if I can afford to get them. Lousy seller and customer, ahaha~
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top