Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who has these, can you tell me which setting you put the jumper on the crossovers? i have it on the zero setting.
also, the lead from the amp is hook up to the high input on the crossover, does anyone have it on the low input?

thanx in advance.
-j

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Let me guess, they sound really scratchy? too loud? That's just MB.

With car audio tuning, sometimes you just have to switch it around yourself and see what you like to hear.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Put the tweeter at the -6.5 db if I'm not wrong, put it at the biggest attenuation. It will compensate the harshness of the tweeter, unless you bi-amp them. You can adjust the gain of the tweeter separately.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bi-amp? does that mean amp both of the components? is that why there are 2 inputs in the crossover? which one to do you use if u don't bi-a,p em? there's a INH and a INL. i put it in the INH ones. thanx.

-j

·
Registered
689 Posts
looks like you've figured this one out already, but i thought i'd share what i did anyway. i put my mb tweeters on the lower db connection and the harshness isn't quite as noticable.

wish i had invested in silks instead though.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the problem is, it looks like the tweeter is puching bass frequencies. at high volumes, the tweeters play the bass and i get the scratchy blow speaker sound from the tweets. thesr are brand new comps. i doubt i blew them already. could it be that the crossovers is busted? i don't understand why the tweeters will play and bass frequencies at all.
-j

·
Registered
120 Posts
The crossover setting depends on how far away the tweeter is from you and the passenger. i think the crossover for the tweeter has 3 differend hook ups. 0db, -3db, -6 db. the higher db, the lowder the tweeter will be. For instance. if your tweeter is in a kick panel somewhere low and far from your ear. hook them up to the 0db. it will take alot more power to reach your ear from the floor of your car than the door. if they are in your dash or on your door, you may want to put them on -3db, or -6db to lower the power comming into the tweeter. THis may clean up the sound distortion from where you are sitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts