Acura Legend Forum banner

Me and this guy

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  AcuraGuy 
#1 ·
Me and some guy who owns a 96 BMW 850csi got into a heated debate over the back windows rolling down on his car which is a 850csi bmw and I claimed that Acura had the technology in place well before BMW. I stated that the 88 Legend Coupe had the back windows that went down and he said, No Way" So, when was the first year that the coupes had the windows that rolled down. He claims in 1991 and I say 1988 or 1987 on the G1 coupes

#2 ·
CakeDaddy said:
Me and some guy who owns a 96 BMW 850csi got into a heated debate over the back windows rolling down on his car which is a 850csi bmw and I claimed that Acura had the technology in place well before BMW. I stated that the 88 Legend Coupe had the back windows that went down and he said, No Way" So, when was the first year that the coupes had the windows that rolled down. He claims in 1991 and I say 1988 or 1987 on the G1 coupes
87 for coupes.

#6 ·
so I think that you are right, and your friend is wrong

#7 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
1987 First Year they rolled down. The Legend Coupes started in that year, 1987. The only Legend before that was the 1986 Legend, but that was a Sedan. So 1987.

P.S: I have a 90 Coupe, and my uncle has a 1987. Coupes always had windows that roll down.
unless.......you own MY coupe!:p NONE of the windows roll down
:(....while we're on the subject...would anyone happen to have an extra set of the master window switches they'd like to get rid of? i need it bad! summer is commin around the corner!
When i hit the switch...i hear a buzzing noise but nothing happens...so i took off the door panel and with one of those power packs and some metal wires i grounded some current to the port and the windows went down! so i'm suspecting it's the switches unless you guys know what's up...holla back...

#9 ·
Try taking the switches apart and cleaning them. The switches are in a little plastic box that comes out, there is cover like thing on the bottom, remove it, pull the switches out individually and carefully dissassemble them. Clean them with something like wd-40 and a q tip.

#10 ·
slugman said:
Try taking the switches apart and cleaning them. The switches are in a little plastic box that comes out, there is cover like thing on the bottom, remove it, pull the switches out individually and carefully dissassemble them. Clean them with something like wd-40 and a q tip.
thanks slugman...at first i thought that you could be right...after a good maybe 2 hours of torment...i find that the buzzing still exists and the windows still won't roll:eek:....frustrated...i WD-40'd the sh1t out of it...and still nothing:(...ack! but thanks anyway:)

#12 ·
if your trunk doenst work, try that switch in the glovebox compartment. i forgot which way u have to switch it, but just do the opposite way and then try the trunk button.

#13 ·
AcuraGuy said:
if your trunk doenst work, try that switch in the glovebox compartment. i forgot which way u have to switch it, but just do the opposite way and then try the trunk button.
THANKS ACURA GUY!!!! U MY DOG YO! i should really pay closer attention to my car...now abotu the windows....:p

#14 ·
no problem mayan. goodluck with your windows!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.