Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had went to my family mechanic recently for an inspection on my legend afterwards asked him about a project that i am going to do in the near future putting on obx headers as u all would know many if not all members would recomend puttin headers on for immediate performance result but this mechanic had told me if i put headers on i would risk burning the valves underneath (what ever that ment) and that my car had to many miles on it (138K) and i would blow my motor or something in response i told i am not putin a turbo just headers so she can breath... he said i should so i pretended to agree with him ( this is also the mechanic that put some BS clutch on my car also which i am lookin to replace soon)

I just would like to here from u guys about this, would he be right or is this just another way for him to say i dont want to do it so ima feed u this BS. ive looked through the forum and i haven't found anything but positive response about gettin headers... Please voice your opinions

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
sounds like a lazy mechanic to me....I've never heard anyone tell me I'd burn my valves or whatever....and I put my headers on when my GS was over 215k miles...I havent had a single issue! there's just one line on the right side (when looking into engine bay) that you have to ziptie to get it further away from the headers and on the side, there's an AC line that you should wrap to protect it from the header (which will be pretty darn close to it)....but that's it. Other than that, it's a straight remove and replace as far as the headers go

my guess is that he didnt want to do it...it IS a pain to remove the OEM headers (especially the covers that are on them)...

you should shop around and find a shop that will install them. I absolutely LOVE mine, no doubt

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i was planning on puttin them in myself any way i was hoping to get his opinion i guess he thought i wanted him to do it but i will try to find a mechanic to do it but if not i guess i will be making a dIY but yea any one else is opinion would be helpful

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
and on 2nd thought, maybe he's not a 'lazy' mechanic...but since he's your family mechanic, maybe he didnt want to do it and have to charge you a lot for labor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts