Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I need some help with this decision. Should I go with Axxis metallic pads or EBC GreenStuff kevlar pads? I need to take care of my pads on Monday so some quick advice would be appreciated. Basically, I know that metallic pads need a short "warm up" period while kevlar ones don't. But what I don't know is which ones last longer??? Are the EBC pads worth paying the extra money for:confused:

-GR

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have never heard of the kevlar PADS, where can you get them?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The kevlar pads are the EBC GreenStuff ones that you can get from Tirerack.com. They're pretty expensive though, $89 front and $69 rear if I remember correctly. I hear they work great and have almost no brake dust, I just wanna know how long they last compared to the metallic ones.

-GR

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
GenIILegend said:
The kevlar pads are the EBC GreenStuff ones that you can get from Tirerack.com. They're pretty expensive though, $89 front and $69 rear if I remember correctly. I hear they work great and have almost no brake dust, I just wanna know how long they last compared to the metallic ones.

-GR
I use EBC, but they are not a full Kevlar pad, but a Kevlar matrix. I don't know what other metals they have mixed up in there though. Unlike full Kevlar, or carbon fiber pads, the EBC pads need no warm up time to work efficiently. It is true about the brake dust. While I wont say no brake dust at all, there is very little even if you don't wash yout rims for 2 weeks or more.

G

·
ChrisK said:

I use EBC, but they are not a full Kevlar pad, but a Kevlar matrix. I don't know what other metals they have mixed up in there though. Unlike full Kevlar, or carbon fiber pads, the EBC pads need no warm up time to work efficiently. It is true about the brake dust. While I wont say no brake dust at all, there is very little even if you don't wash yout rims for 2 weeks or more.
That would be nice, but how do they last compared to normal stock brake pads. I'm planning on doing a brake upgrade pretty soon, but am trying to educate myself ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, the length of life comparison is what I'm trying to figure out as well.

-GR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts