Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 95 Legend sedan with 200000km – 125000miles

I usually find answers by searching, but now I’m stuck.
I sometimes have problems when I start my car. It starts easy, but sometimes it misfire the first half minute. It sounds like one cylinder isn’t firing? This happens both when the car is cold and when it’s at normal temperature, but never when I’m driving, only the first half minute after I start the car. I pulled the ECU codes and got 3 long flash and 6 short flash. Can’t find any code 36, so I’m wondering if it should be 45?
Do anyone have an idea what this can be?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
Have you had any problems with loosing coolant but no visable leaks? Mine would miss for about 10- 20 seconds when I first started it in the morning. It turned out to be the result of a leaking headgasket. The coolant would leak into the cylinder while parked and foul the plug. After the coolant was burned out of the cylinder it would run fine. A sure way to spot this condition is to pull the plugs and compare them with the other two on each side. The cylinder that is leaking will have a clean white center electrode on the plug as compared to the other two cylinders on that side. It is usually the rear cylinder that leaks. Here is a link to how I resolved this problem.
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbullet...way-again-96943/?highlight=headgasket+highway

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no problem with loosing coolant. No smoke either. I have ordered new spark plugs, so I'll check my old plugs when I get the new ones.
I looked at your tread about the "Headgasket Highway". I have always been afraid to get that problem, but I don’t see any of the others symptoms. Also, when the engine misfire, it’s no use to rev the engine - it takes 20 – 30 seconds before the car runs fine.

Thanks for your reply:)

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
Glad to hear your not losing coolant. Maybe it's a plug or coil pack. Could be an injector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.