Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see the laker game lastnight?

down by twenty in the third quarter thanx to jordan and then baam

kobe takes the game away...

TRIPLE DOUBLE ON MICHAEL. man

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
Yeah, I was there. It was really a crappy game until the end of the 3rd quarter. But it was cool to see MJ playing again. But Kobe really didn't match up on MJ that much, so I wouldn't necessarily say he got a "triple double on Michael".

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its kinda sad to see mj playing. when he first quite he was a legend. but now he's a joke.

too bad goliath wasn't there. big toe still hurts...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I gotta give it up to MJ even though he is not what he used to be.. There are only 2 players in the NBA averaging over 22 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds. Those two players are MJ and KOBE.. He will probably send the Wizards to the playoffs and that is pretty good in itself..

After watching the game last night I did come to one major conclusion though...

Popeye Jones has got to be the ugliest MF in the NBA..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sad to see MJ play????

Are you kidding? I could understand that if MJ was struggling, but he is still one of the top 5 players in the league. If I had to pick a starting five, he would definitely be my number 1 choice. The man is a competitor, Mr. Clutch, and makes everyone around him better. He's not just out there for show, like a few hundred of the other players around the league (ie, Vince Carter).

Damn! This is all coming from a Laker fan! But I still like Mike!

·
Registered
699 Posts
MJ's a joke?? what?? MJ is the man, granted he is not what he used to be but he's 39 years old and still a bad ass mf on the court, just look at the wizards season compared to last year..and i reached that conclusion long ago that Popeye is one ugly ass dude.

·
Registered
166 Posts
AHahAHHAHAHAHAHaHahaHAH LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Popeye Jones seriously one ugly bastid. He looks like his eyes are about to pop out if someone tapped him on the back of his head.

anyhow for MJ, the greatest player to play the game, hall of famer, the best. Even has a statue of himself outside the Chicago arena. The only other person that has such thing was Rocky in Philly, you know with him knocking out all those people. ;)

Anyhow, yeah MJ dosen't dominate the game as much as he used to scoring 50 points on people when he got ticked off but hey, he still is MJ and there's no one in the NBA that could stop him. I saw that game in its entirety and yeah I was too disappointed in the end. But the first half score was ridiculous wasn't it? As for Kobe, naw he isn't up to where MJ was at his peak. You gotta give MJ love n respect for what he has done for the game. EVERYONE wants to be like Mike. Look at Kobe shooting the free-throw. doesn't it remind you of the way someone else shoots the ball?!

MJ will take the Wizards to the playoffs this year and that would just blow my mind. He dosen't have the support that he had when he was with the Bulls, the Scotti Pippens and the Luc Longleys. :p Lastly, not to take away from anything from Ewing, but hey he should've retired this year. Now for Jordan who's a few years older than him I believe, and stayed away from the game for a coupe of seasons, taking a no name team to the playoffs and even being able to compete with the world champions is just awesome. You can't stop respecting MJ for what he's done so far.

·
Registered
217 Posts
LIVING_LEGEND said:
I gotta give it up to MJ even though he is not what he used to be.. There are only 2 players in the NBA averaging over 22 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds. Those two players are MJ and KOBE.. He will probably send the Wizards to the playoffs and that is pretty good in itself..

After watching the game last night I did come to one major conclusion though...

Popeye Jones has got to be the ugliest MF in the NBA..
sorry. the ONLY player averaging (22-6-6) or more is steve francis. w000t rockets going to dominate next year!!!:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Franchise is good but..

Steve has missed alot of games this year ( I was at the clipper game that he got hurt in) .. He is a great player though
So you can't really count those stats as true
Rockets dominate??, In the big bad west??.. No way, If they were in the east, maybe get to second round in playoffs, but with the lakers, ,kings, and Dallas (your rivals) they aint goin nowhere for a loooooong time

·
Registered
217 Posts
j00 watch next year. since da spurs going to die @ end of this year, lakes,kings,mavs, and twolves goin to be da only good teams in the west and the rest of the nba are gonna be owned by da rockets. haha. ur rite, east bites but when the rockets get healthy, and cato learns how to rebound and make layups,they gonna be hot.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You know MJ isn't back in the game for the game. He's probably really back for the "GAME" if you know what I mean. I mean, going back, think of all the pussy he must get compaired to when he wasn't in the game. At his age, most definatly, he's in it for tha "game".

·
Registered
15 Posts
MJ

Yeah, I get a little disappointed when MJ doesn't just man handle some of these young punks that think they are getting the beset of him. When I flash back and think of the so so sooo many times he made good & great NBA players look freakin STUPID on the court! Man, he would put one move (not 3 or 4 Like some fools) and then he's already to basket dunkin over the help side that could only HOPE he would miss, because they know damn sure they were NOT going stuff his sh*t.

Anyways, the man is a miracle of the NBA and I still get chills when he gets the ball, even if he does get rejected or something. Hell, even that commercial for what I think is EA Sports Basketball for the PS2 gives me a thrill, and all it shows is the back of his Wizards jersey with #23.

As far as the "GAME" goes, sh*t .... that fool doesn't need the NBA for that ... .... he's got the Hanes commercials ... :)

and damn it's nice seeing people from other states referencing the Mavs as a dominant force in the NBA (Dallas/Fort Worth Resident) :)

Gil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts