Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have test fitted the bar on both the sedan and coupe, and because of the way the MLS ones are set to barely clear under the hood, any slight variance either in the bar or the car may cause a misfit.

What we have concluded is that the bars would have to be cut an additional 1/4". This will still allow room between the bar and the engine, while ensuring that it also clears the hood, and IMO, would be a much better fit than the actual MLS bars.

So, at this point, the bars will be cut and re-powder-coated. As ChrisK has said that he does not need it powder-coated being that he plans to paint it anyway, we'd like to know if anyone else would like to not have it powder-coated.

Please let us know.

As far as time is concerned, it looks like it would take about 3 more weeks as the fabricator has since been bogged with more work.

Sorry about the delay, and any inconvenience. We'll try to get this done and out to those of you who ordered ASAP.

Thanks for understanding.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Sounds good to me. :) I feel the lowering of the total bar height would definetely make for an imrpovement, not only in fit but performance as well. It should make the the bar stiffer I believe.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
how much were those strut bars anyways?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Forgive me for asking but....

Ok, did I miss something here??? Is there a group bu going one for this strut bar? I'd like to get in on this if there is one. Can someone please point me to the original post so I can find out the details and payment information? Thanks

or just email me at [email protected] with the info if it would be easier. Thanks

SaGe69

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, we had a group buy a while back for these. The price was $245 shipped.

Right now, we're trying to work out the kinks of this first run, and have no immediate plans to start a second group buy just yet.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
so is there a copy of these MLS Bars being fabricated?

if so id like to know about it and a $ range

if the $ is right im in on it.

I just cant see spending 245+ on a bar thats going to make the understeer of a big A$$ legend a bit better.

Lets face it guys we drive boats, it aint no civic.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Dv8 said:
so is there a copy of these MLS Bars being fabricated?

if so id like to know about it and a $ range

if the $ is right im in on it.

I just cant see spending 245+ on a bar thats going to make the understeer of a big A$$ legend a bit better.

Lets face it guys we drive boats, it aint no civic.

~Hybrid
And we love you too 8'dogg!!! Tell us, are you any closer to makin' your dream of werkin'dat6'nya'ride come true? It's been over a year since I sent you pics of my boat's 6 speed bottomside!!!

One...

Fut: cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Am I being stupid here?

Just wondering... I had thought that 9x-9x Prelude Strut bars would fit a Legend with very little modification. Was I wrong about this? I can pick up a polished Prelude (any year) strut tower bar for like $90. Can I make this fit my sedan?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: Am I being stupid here?

Sh0ck3d said:
Just wondering... I had thought that 9x-9x Prelude Strut bars would fit a Legend with very little modification. Was I wrong about this? I can pick up a polished Prelude (any year) strut tower bar for like $90. Can I make this fit my sedan?
True'dat but I hear the bar must be slightly bent to fit. Sort of defeats the design IMO. Hence the dub of the MLS Strut Tower Bar, it's "Legend" specific. Some have the Prelude bar and that's cool, some would rather hav'tha real (or a dub of tha real). To each his own, it'z all gud!!!

One...

Fut :cool:

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to update you guys on what's happening.

We are expecting the corrections to the bars to be completed by the end of the second week of June.

Sorry for the delay. We will ship them out to you as soon as they're done.

Thanks for being patient.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm interested in finding out what they can and will do, as well as the quality of their work for possible future projects.

·
Registered
595 Posts
What's the story on these, has the new batch shipped? Lookin forward to putting these on. :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts