Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone verify for me that the MMR gauges are precisely replacement gauges?...i mean are they EXACTLY the same size, wdith, height, thickness?...this shop tells me my needles dont work to good b/c the MMR gauges are too thick?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
DrDre1443 said:
can anyone verify for me that the MMR gauges are precisely replacement gauges?...i mean are they EXACTLY the same size, wdith, height, thickness?...this shop tells me my needles dont work to good b/c the MMR gauges are too thick?
They work. The reason why they don't work for the shop is because the shop is leaving the OEM gauges on. You actually have to remove the OEM gauges (The black part) and stick on the MMR ones. That is why we call them direct replacements, and not overlays. While there have been many owners who damaged their gauges when they removed the neddles, there have been many that have perfectly working MMR gauges as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well actually they gave me back my stock gauges in a zip lock bag so i know they didnt just overlay them...also at night....parts of the gauges light up and some parts look really dim, is this normal??? so what can i do since i went back two times to the shop and they give me a different reason each time why they dont work perfect? oh, and now my gas gauge doesnt work.......for example...when i floor it....by the time im going 60(radar).....my needles say im 35 it takes like 2-3 secs to catch up....its so annoying ...i wish i could just go to acura and send this shop the bill!!!!

G

·
Sorry dude, wish I could help. I hope that everything goes well with these new guages from S/R Motorsports and we don't have to have a bunch of troubled Legend owners like this.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
DrDre1443 said:
well actually they gave me back my stock gauges in a zip lock bag so i know they didnt just overlay them...also at night....parts of the gauges light up and some parts look really dim, is this normal??? so what can i do since i went back two times to the shop and they give me a different reason each time why they dont work perfect? oh, and now my gas gauge doesnt work.......for example...when i floor it....by the time im going 60(radar).....my needles say im 35 it takes like 2-3 secs to catch up....its so annoying ...i wish i could just go to acura and send this shop the bill!!!!
looks like you didn't read all the warnings about MMR gauges people put on this board. I know I posted a few warnings myself.
When MMR gauges first came out 3 years ago, a bunch of us TypeI owners bought them, and only a few of us got them to work. Many ruined their gauge clusters. Because it is nearly impossible to remove the needles on your legend and put them back on in working order again. If it is possible, it's probably can not be done by an amature person or a small import shop. Probably has to be done at professional speedo shops.

Well, right now chances are, your speedo is shot. You can try to find a speedometer shop that does recalibration and get it recalibrated. Although no one has done that sucessfully though. Or you can try to find a used cluster and replace yours with it. Sorry to hear all your troubles.

Do you have a TypeI or TypeII?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Type I....so if i go to the Acura dealership can they fix this problem for me????? can i keep the gauges in there when the recalibrate it?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
DrDre1443 said:
I have a Type I....so if i go to the Acura dealership can they fix this problem for me????? can i keep the gauges in there when the recalibrate it?
I doubt they can fix the problem, at least I don't know anyone who has gotten it fixed at the Acura dealer ship. They probably want you to buy a brand new cluster (Extremely Costly). Your best bet is still to buy a used cluster off ebay or something, and then just toss the MMR gauges, they are POS to begin with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts