Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I'm a High School Senior on a limited budget and would like to do some performance upgrades to my '87 LS Coupe. What kind of mods do you guys recommend are the easiest to do? Also, what mods are the most cost effective? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hello fellow H.S. Senior. So far, I've done my own intake system. I've also done an exhaust system. Crush bends. It's cheaper, but not as good as mandrel bends. Also, I have no resonator, so my exhaust is loud. I'm having it redone with mandrel bends and a racing resonator. I also have my legend lowered with a set of Intrax springs. I still need to save money for a set of Koni shocks. I've also done audio stuff. The basics: head unit, speakers, amp, subs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey whats up? You want some basic easy to do mod's then you came to the right forum! In fact this is where i get most of my tricks. Let's start off with the intake(the way your car takes air in is very inportant. You can buy a short ram that will fit your car or buy one at pepboys or auto zone for about 35.00 bucks and have it cut to match you car at any shop for about $3.00. But if you want more air flow then get a piece of alum heat protected dryer hose for no more then $6.00 at any wal-mart, k-mart,etc...Place it over your manufold with some tie bands that screw(should already have one on there)and drop it strait down about 4or5 inches to the cars scrape gaurd at the bottom.attach a cylinder air filter or K&N to the end of the hose with another tie band and cut out a whole big enough to wedge the filter head in the scrape gaurd(its only plastic so use a blade or knife)Thats it cold air in 30min and under $30.00. Next thing is the out flow of your cars air you will need a good exhaust and new pipes (atleast min. $200.....atleast)then do you cat i took mine off and hollowed it out with a pipe and it works great.Thats free and takes 45min.

Next get some better plugs,plug wires, it makes a diffrence. Their is alot to do for a car under a $100. but for now work with that

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool

Hey,

Thanks for the help guys. I'll look into the intake job. Exhaust will have to come later. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
good point

ya thats a good point. Tune ups are the most important and also use fuel injector cleaner (3-5 cycles)and carb cleaner and spray your belts with belt treatment to prevent cracks and fast wear and breaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts