Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a modest sound system. What can you recommed? Doesn't need to be top of the line. Also it should allow room for upgrades later. Only 16. Gotta job but money going to savings.

·
Registered
583 Posts
hey man,
I started "modest" (really i started "cheap") with an inexpensive sony single cd player with a removable face ($160 at Walmart and it came with two 6" 3 way speakers) and I ran it with an additional set of 6" 3 ways in the rear deck tossing all the brokedown stock speakers.
for less than $300 including wiring kit etc it sounded pretty good.
I also wanted to keep things open for future mods.
So, get a deck with CD changer controls even if you don't have a changer now, and maybe TV control if you want to add that later too. A lot of the cheap (under $250 decks) have these features.

all my stuff is Sony xPlod, and I am very happy with it in the bang for the buck for the boom. Others may sneer or look down, but hey I don't want to compete, I built my car for me.

as you can see from my sig, i kinda added to my "add on" system.
:)

hope it helps, buk

·
Registered
507 Posts
said it before and I'm gonna say it again, I'm loving my MTX Thunders ($100 for both at sounddomain.com (buy 1 get 1 free)). Amp isn't great, but it puts out all the power I need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts