Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime I turn on my A/C it smell like mold blowing out of the vents. Is there any way I can get rid of that smell?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I believe there is a seperate filter for the interior. Does it only happen when the air circulation is set to interior only? Mine also smells a little funny, but not exactly like mold. With my vents open to outside air its not as bad, but still funny...

Anyone remember where to get to this filter? I need to change mine too! (93 Sedan).

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
To get to the filter, you have to remove your glove compartment. It's behind it.

One way that you can temporarily deal with the problem is to spray a can of Lysol or similar into the exterior vents (vents under windshield wiper arms) for your AC while running the AC at high.

·
Registered
744 Posts
LegendGS, I recommend your suggestion every 5 or so thousand miles cause it will clean up mold, bacteria, and the like regardless of whether or not your filter is fairly new.

I am a big fan of a fresh cabin filter!

KNLNGUS

PS jmckell, try not to turd up the damper assembly or the cord - if you do, then call up Acura of Augusta and order a new 4 piece combo for like 15.00 (damper, cord, both the hanger and donut piece - forgot what its called).

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if it smells moldy, you probably have a plugged drain for the evaporator....this doesn't let condensation drain off (you now know why you get a puddle under the front of the car when parked with AC running). If this gets plugged you can get water into the carpet too. Stagnant water breeds mold and bacteria. Clean out the drain and then you can lysol as noted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.