Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well I am in a very tough place once again. As you ll probably know Im looking for a new car (my mom will be taking over the sebring lease) The problem is that we onl have 10000 cash and the car we would like (safest and nicest one for the money) is out of the price range, Thi is the only one me ad my arents can agree on so it would have to be this car and no other one. It's a Jetta 1.8t (Wow that car flies)

Anyways, so we have to finance atleast another 10g to get the car. And my mother does not want to go one cent over $200 a month for 60 mnths.

I need some ideas of how to make money fast. Ligitamite ideas guys ok ? Thanks for all your help !!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish i could, but I need something legitamite that can earn me some money.. guys want to have a fundraiser for me, maybee? hehe

I need some legitamit ideas guys

·
Registered
655 Posts
just wondering

whats wrong with the sebring?arent they like the new eclipse. Ive seen the new sebring coupe and it looks pretty tight. you could sell blood and sperm(might as well you were gonna throw it away anyways) on the side, sell stuff on ebay,get a job as a waiter,

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Look man, we've talked alot through AIM, but here's the deal:

You're 16, so don't expect much for your first car, and if you do expect much, you're very lucky... my first car was a 1970 Chevelle (which I still have...) Be lucky to get something like that (1.8t), or something around 10K... you can still get a good, reliable car for exactly $10K, and then make it what you want later on... I looked at a 300ZX TT today, for $5,000, and althought it was a little worn, it "ran like a scaalded dog!" Badass car (don't need it, do't want it, can't afford it though...) I'd get something like that, and then put some money into it... If you want more car for the money, go older, then turn around and repair/fix/make it nicer...

I've never had a nice car until I had my Legends, in 1998 and 1999-2002... those were the nicest cars that I've ever had (esp the green one - THANKS KEVON!)...

Just appreciate the $10K that you do have - you don't have to have the newest, fastest, etc.. car, just get something that you can learn to work on, have fun with, etc... then after HS, get something really cool, like I did with my Legends...

If you'd like more unbiased advice, feel free to write me and ask... I'll give you any and al advice that I can...

but, for 10K, I'd get:

240SX (any year, drift style! and you can fix it up later)
older 300ZX TT (yeah baby!)
older MKIII Supra (bad... bad...!)
a Rex (if you dont' mind working on it... alot...)
a Miata (SCCA sucka! turbo that biznitch!)

a mustang 5.0

(j/k)! :D

Those are only recommendations, from me, but keep in mind, I'm used to stuff breaking (besides my Legend), so I'm used to fixing stuff... but the 240 is a great car, and Nissans are rock-solid...

Just some suggestions, though... have a fundraiser?? I couldn't even get one to go to college!! Ya think that you'll get one to get you a car??

-later

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey all, im now the proud owner of a 2002 ice blue 1.8t :)
m family and i worked things out so its cool now. i wish i would have said i wanted stick, o well its tiptronic so thats good enough

got the cloth interior ... to hot in florida for leather (plus the leather didnt even come with power seats.. so why bother)

thanks for everyones help.. my next car will be a 95 legend ls 6 speed though :)

i appreciate everything you all have done !! thanks !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.