Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stangely, there is NO price difference. I am really quite surprised.
Either set is $ 775 installed + sales tax

OEM shocks
Acura quality with maybe a 60 day warranty

Monroe shocks
Monroe quality ( ? ) with a lifetime warranty !

Question : What would you choose - and why,

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Holy crap! Thats a lot of money for OEM replacement. I'd either go KYB/Gabriel to save money or go all out with Koni/JICs.

Have you considered just changing the one bad shock? Or you're just doing it to improve the ride quality?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap! Thats a lot of money for OEM replacement. I'd either go KYB/Gabriel to save money or go all out with Koni/JICs.

Have you considered just changing the one bad shock? Or you're just doing it to improve the ride quality?
Either way its money. I am doing it to improve the ride ... my shocks are 14 years old and have gone 180,000 kilometers so I would say they are well past their prime. No Koni or coilovers for me, I like comfort too much !

obviously the OEM is better. But with my past experiences with the monroes, they arent bad shocks at all. So, if this were me, Id buy the monroes just because they are priced the same, but with monroe you get a lifetime warranty. Shop around, you should be able to find the monroes cheaper than the OEM's. Now, had you asked if you should get Koni, Monroe, or OEM, Id say go with the konis!
What makes you sure the Monro part is not just as good or better than the OEM? The guy is offering me the same price and advised me the Monros are better but its up to me .... he will do either one ! If I was sure the OEM were better, I would give up the lifetime warranty and buy the OEMs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts