Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after all ive already done to get this legend back on the road the timing belt went.. Its because i didnt get the tension tight enough and it ran half way off the tension pully and ripped a hole long ways in the belt.. the belt slipped aprox 25 degrees. Took me 15 minutes to set the cams and pully back in place and tighten the tension and got it home. shes running perfect except i gota wait 2 days untill the new timing belt gets here so shes not going anywhere for now... I seriously dont think our engine is interferance like honda says.. i tried turning the valves all the way open and turned the crank around twice and there was no contact what so ever. Maybe if our pistons were flat and didnt have slots in them for valves then yes.. but no, the 90 legend L is not interference.. atleast not mine

· Mo*or Mo**h
1,730 Posts
That's interesting. Wonder if the engine design changed to incorporate valve clearance blockouts in the piston heads. Seems like it would've been a good idea anyway. Can't lose that much volume in doing so.

Also, impressed it took you only 15 minutes to get it limping home.
Any idea what the tension is supposed to be?

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pistons do have 4 notches for valves in them that are about 1/4 inch deep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.