Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the phone talking to a guy named Joe at unorthdox racing about making a lighter crank pulley for G1 and G2 Legends. He told me he could make a lighter pulley that would give G1 and G2 Legends around 5 more horsepower. If we could get at least 20 orders the price would be $235 per pulley. If any of you guys are interested give me a holla at [email protected] so we can get the show on the road. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Lighter weight? Is that it Bigz? Is it any smaller (slows down PS pump, which I don't wanna do). For 5 HP, I guess it's good, but at the track, can't we just take the accesory belt off and get the same figures, if not more without spending any $$$?

·
Registered
703 Posts
you should be able to get one custom fabricated for cheaper then that. On the G2 forum someone said they knew someone who could do them for around $100 per pulley. You might want to look into it before shelling out $235.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I cannot see any way a "lighter crank pulley" can net a 5 hp increase.

If it slows the pulleys (not a real bright idea) it may be good for a few hp (2-3 while under load). You can get the same effect by putting smaller pulleys on the accessories instead of the crank.

A "lighter" flywheel (not crank pulley) will work too, but then you may suffer driveability issues.

Please explain in more detail.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
It's suppose to be similar to the AEM pullies for Civics and such. Basicly, it slows down the accesory belt, so, PS, AC, and all that stuff works slower thenk factory. Ur gonna have to put moreeffort when turning, ur AC won't blow as cold (or maybe as hard) and etc. I'm not sure if it will affect the alternator output tho. For us running a high watt audio system, and it slows down the alternator, I don't think you would wanna run pullies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts