Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
or maybe like .. 181k miles... looks more like it
800k miles?! daaaaamn ..

what is the most recorded on a members car?

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
what is the most recorded on a members car?
I see the auction but the pics aren't pulling up for me because of stupid websense at work. Pretty sure that's got to be a typo, though.

I'm sure there are plenty of forum members who have cars exceeding the mileage of mine. There's a '91 LS sedan in Boise with over 450k documented but it's on its second HG.

I'm only at 318,700. I have something to replace on my next trip to the dealership... the original VSS is finally giving out :(. I was starting to think I'd escaped that common failure.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
I see the auction but the pics aren't pulling up for me because of stupid websense at work. Pretty sure that's got to be a typo, though.

I'm sure there are plenty of forum members who have cars exceeding the mileage of mine. There's a '91 LS sedan in Boise with over 450k documented but it's on its second HG.

I'm only at 318,700. I have something to replace on my next trip to the dealership... the original VSS is finally giving out :(. I was starting to think I'd escaped that common failure.
are you sure you want to pay dealership price on that? the dealership wanted $125 for the VSS on the accord, but i bought it online for $20 and it was super easy to replace. but i do understand there are people who will pay the little bit extra at the dealership to be certain they are getting the exact right part, my brother did that on his prelude and paid $225 for the VSS.

yeah, the odo reads: 084100.55, looks alright, just needs a paint job on the hood and trunk. i wonder if the top of the car is the same, but for <$1000 for a 81k car isnt too bad. i wonder how much rust it has.

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
are you sure you want to pay dealership price on that?
I'm not a DIYer, and I usually get better than list price on parts and labor because Chuck (ArizonaLegend) works there and helps me out. This will be the first component failure I've experienced in a long time. Usually I'm just changing parts because it's time to, and not because they're broken...

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
The inside looks dirty, but the seats aren't bad. It's missing the speaker cover...

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
the vp of our club has 420,xxx miles on his 92 ka7 5 speed orig motor 2nd trans no bhg yet!

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
are you sure you want to pay dealership price on that? the dealership wanted $125 for the VSS on the accord, but i bought it online for $20 and it was super easy to replace. but i do understand there are people who will pay the little bit extra at the dealership to be certain they are getting the exact right part, my brother did that on his prelude and paid $225 for the VSS.

yeah, the odo reads: 084100.55, looks alright, just needs a paint job on the hood and trunk. i wonder if the top of the car is the same, but for <$1000 for a 81k car isnt too bad. i wonder how much rust it has.
It's around $125 on the VSS at dealership price, I know I bought one from our local dealership because I didn't want to wait.

·
Banned
0 Posts

:wtf: Tyson, we hit 300k at about the same time, mine's still only 302k but then it hasn't really moved since October, lol Wow 318 already dang.

When she gets out of the hospital, it'll say 144k now, with type II manual cluster!:boink:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think that mine has about 500k on it b/c my odo stopped working and they have the records at the acura dealership. but right now it only reads 350 and that most def isn't true!

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
tyson has alot of miles, and his car is VERY well kept thru out. cleanest legend i've ever seen. I loved the feel of the (at then) 272k miles on a clutch.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ive got alittle over 330,000 on mine with the original headgasket and original auto transmission. Ive never used synthetic oil on her, and I'll never replace the transmission fluid either. I think the last time that the transmission fluid was done, was maybe when it had 90,000 miles on it. These cars will last forever if you watch over them. There is a older guy in kansas or oklahoma that had over 800,000 on his and he still drove it everyday, that is the car that impresses me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts