Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question cause yes i'm still a rookie and i know this. I'm getting the mr-7's on monday they're being ordered right now. I've read all the posts about offset and i'm gettin a lil scared of the 17x7 with a 40 mm offset.Why when i go to the motegi website it says for legends 91 thru 95 the rim i'm buying works--. Someone please put my mind to rest so i can sleep and tell me that 17x7,40mm offset,low profile tires, on a 93 sedan is not gonna scrub that bad---

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
u should be ok, the back differs for everyone since some pack the back more than others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS

good lookin out i'll post pics as soon as i get em

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Face said:
Quick question cause yes i'm still a rookie and i know this. I'm getting the mr-7's on monday they're being ordered right now. I've read all the posts about offset and i'm gettin a lil scared of the 17x7 with a 40 mm offset.Why when i go to the motegi website it says for legends 91 thru 95 the rim i'm buying works--. Someone please put my mind to rest so i can sleep and tell me that 17x7,40mm offset,low profile tires, on a 93 sedan is not gonna scrub that bad---
By fit, they mean the bolt pattern will fit, that's all. The manufactorers or retailer don't really care if offset doesn't match. Since offset doesn't affect the fitment, it will just look awkward with your rims sticking out an inch past the fenders while scrubbing at every bump of the road. But as far is wether the rims will go on the car, offset techicnically doesn't matter.

with 7in and +40mm offset, it's going to be a close call. The stock rims are 6.5in and +65mm offset, so you can do the math. Also the sedan have a smaller wheel well than coupes, and that might contribute to scrubbing also. If you're not planning to drop the car, than it might not scrub. But if you are lowering it, then I suggest looking for a higher offset, cuz you will definitely scrubb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.