Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was my car during the day after i just put my rims back on!

and this is me tonight! after hitting a pothole!!!!

Needless to say i am very very pissed!!!! I have had these for 3years now and took so much care not to rub any curbs or get any nicks! And now look at them! And yes its bent on both sides! The one wheel in the back also got a nice dent also!

so now i wonder they can be fixed or im gonna have to buy 2 new rims!!!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
ouch man that blows..hopefully you can save them!

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
The inside looks fixable, but the outside lip, thats a 50/50 chance. Go to a rim shop and ask.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hey are you both gonna go to the meet?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking going to this meet but after this i dont know!
unless i can get them fixed at a reasonable price! and i am off tomorrow and she was gonna get a nice wash and wax but now i gotta roll stock till who knows!!! dammit!!! im gonna see if the city will cover some of my damage! its worth a try! now im off to drown my sorrows with mexican music and tequila! *tear*

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Either way man you should come!

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
I know how you feel about the dent rim, I went through it too. Take a shot of tequila for me mayne.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You should be able to have that fixed, I just had two of mine straightened out for $250. It only took an hour of my time, the guy drove to my house and did it in my driveway!

Call around, It could cost anywhere from $125 per rim to $225 depending on the damage and general costs.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
nice, now you can get yourself some better rims!

who drives around with heavy ass wheels, and super thin tires like that in chicago after the worst winter in 20-40years, with our roads being in the WORST condition ever???

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
nice, now you can get yourself some better rims!

who drives around with heavy ass wheels, and super thin tires like that in chicago after the worst winter in 20-40years, with our roads being in the WORST condition ever???
Bang ! . . . Bling
35 series tires ? 20 inch wheels too ?
too bad, but hardly a surprise. You must have driven around real careful to get those wheels to last three years. Where I live, they wouldn't last one week !

·
Toronto Legends
212 Posts
you might want to check if city's insurance policy will cover it. Here in Toronto, not many know, but any damage caused by pot-holes is covered by city

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Bang ! . . . Bling
35 series tires ? 20 inch wheels too ?
cool !
i had 215/35's on my 18's on my prelude, i wasn't suprised when they for damaged. thats just bound to happen with tires that small, especially after he just put them on, he probably didn't even check the air.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Yikes that sucks... Chicago has some of the worst roads I've driven on. I hit a "pothole" exiting the Stevenson at Central a couple months back but it was more of a crater! It took up the whole lane and there was no way to drive around it... IIRC I did read somewhere (Trib?) that the city will pay for half of the repair costs, but that might be for blowouts only.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
/\ i was driving my boss's coupe in the surbs and hit a pretty big pothole, messed up the lower lip bad (paintwise, it was a shitty paint job anyways) good thing the car is getting repainted!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$80 to fix each rim! not bad! im gonna try and get them fixed this weekend! then sell them and get some 08 accord wheels!! the 18''s

·
Registered
364 Posts
you might want to check if city's insurance policy will cover it. Here in Toronto, not many know, but any damage caused by pot-holes is covered by city
i would go that route first, might take awhile but still worth a shot

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ay Jesse, you sold the rims already? I'm not tryin to put you on blast. lol I'm askin because I saw the same exact style and size rims on a white 04ish Cadi DeVille/DTS. I saw it at the BP in River Oaks a couple of hours ago. Now that I think about i I shouldda took some pics. Looked clean, not ReaL clean though. :(

BTW those Accord wheels might look nice on the RL, I just have to see it to really form an oppinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts