Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh, a beautiful spring morning in San Francisco, and what do I come outside to find??? MY F***ING CAR GOT BROKEN INTO AND THEY STOLE ALL MY AUDIO SH*T!!!! Everything. Every goddam thing. Amps, woofers, deck, yellow top battery, they even took my freakin cd case! WHY??? Why the cd case??? Anyway, I discovered this about half an hour ago and figured you guys would be the first people I told. This just really sucks. I never thought it could happen to me in my neighborhood. Well, you can list the VIPER 550 as defeated. I don't get it. No broken windows, no broken locks, nothing. Oh well, what the hell can you do.

-GR :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
702 Posts
**** man, that sucks...yup the viper 550 has been defeated over and over again as well as just about every alarm that exists. i have the 550 and all my sh*t got stolen about 5 months ago, amps, sups, changer, cassette deck, equalizer...and my **** graphing calculator and weapon-r intake! they did this by busting window and cutting wires and got what they wanted. i hope you got insurance, because i didn't when it happened and i was short and out a lot of money.

i have been hesitant to putting any aftermarket system back in the car because i don't want to go through this hassle again, but i think i will end up getting something in a month or so.

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Sorry to hear about car, did u have tinted windows? just wondering about that one........... maybe u left a door unlock or something. i hope nothing like this happens to anyone else. where did u park urcar?

·
Registered
744 Posts
**** - this thread pisses me off. Why the F can't people stay the F out our bizness. That is the problem today - you can't have anything nice cause someone is going to jack your she~ite!

And whatever you do - if you find someone jackin yo stuff - you had better just detain them because you stand a good chance of being arrested for physical assult OR having their friends come after your you AND or your ride! It can and does happen!

Dude, I hope you have insurance that will cover some (if not all) of your loss - cause it sounds like you threw a few (thousand) duckets up in that ride of yournz?

Just shaking my head, the only thing lower in this world than a liar is a thief!

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey man sorry to hear bout that. That sucks. My house was broken into around Christmas so I kinda know how it feels to have all your possessions one minute and then the next, they are gone. Hopefully you will be able to replace a lot of your stuff.

I hate thiefs.. they get their pleasure from our loss....

·
Registered
744 Posts
Obstruktion, not trying to turn this into a mileage cross-thread - BUT DE~AM your 91 is a virgin! 31k miles, start your car in the garage - drive to the mailbox and then back into the garage!

KNLNGUS

GenIILegend, what does your insurance have to say to you (so far)?????

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
sorry to hear that man. have you recently valet parked u'r car? what happens with the 550 is someone can go to a shop and buy a remote for the DEI alarms. some shady people and a garage can program that remote to unlock u'r car. then someone can just follow you home and turn u'r alarm off any time they want. that's what happened to me in my camry. they make it so easy to program those **** remotes. >=(
in any case, hope you get it all back through insurance.
-j

·
Registered
86 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
Obstruktion, not trying to turn this into a mileage cross-thread - BUT DE~AM your 91 is a virgin! 31k miles, start your car in the garage - drive to the mailbox and then back into the garage!

KNLNGUS
Well actually I got the car from my grandmother. That is why it has practically "no" miles on it. Isnt it great? :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry man. My legend was stolen its previous owners and the a**holes stole the ac controls, factory radio, center dash trim, and the back seat (yes the entire back seat!). They dented every fender on the car and jumped on the hood and roof. Oh yeah, they also broke all of headlights. Now I having a hard time finding rear seats with black leather.:(

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. It realluy sucks! I hope your insurance will cover you loss.

But more than the loss, you have the feeling of being violated or invaded! That really hurts!

1 month back I came out to go to work and found that someone had hit my car - back bumper was totally smashed. My car was parked in my carport in the apt complex. I was so mad!! Thankfully my insurance covered it.

Anways, I hope they can find the guys who did this (tough

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
i know exactly how you feel, my indash DVD and amps were stolen in JAN. Broke a window and made away with it all.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your support guys. This has to be one of the worst days of my life. To answer some of your questions, yes, the windows were tinted, the alram was armed, the car was parked right in front of my house, no windows/locks were broken. I have a feeling I know who did it. There's a shop in the city that has a reputation for getting things back that they install or just know that people have. I took my car to them on saturday to get my rear deck ported and I guess that's all it took. Sons of *****es, I swear I'm gonna get revenge.

-GR

BTW, the *******s also popped the hood, cut the nitrous lines, and took the solenoids. This in turn left me with an undrivable car cuz when I start it, GAS LEAKS EVERYWHERE!!! *******S!!

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
man my heart goes out to ur car, THATS SSOOOOOOO F***ED UP MAN if u know who they are, you should take care of business . that pisses me off, SORRY TO HEAR THAT

·
Registered
310 Posts
GenIILegend said:
Thanks for all your support guys. This has to be one of the worst days of my life. To answer some of your questions, yes, the windows were tinted, the alram was armed, the car was parked right in front of my house, no windows/locks were broken. I have a feeling I know who did it. There's a shop in the city that has a reputation for getting things back that they install or just know that people have. I took my car to them on saturday to get my rear deck ported and I guess that's all it took. Sons of *****es, I swear I'm gonna get revenge.

-GR

BTW, the *******s also popped the hood, cut the nitrous lines, and took the solenoids. This in turn left me with an undrivable car cuz when I start it, GAS LEAKS EVERYWHERE!!! *******S!!
can you name the store? it should be a warning to other bay area ppl so that they won't go there

sorry about your loss. :(

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
On Wednesday, I went with my neighbor to find a car for him. I took him to places around the area, and one of the cars was a 1994 Acura Legend LS Sedan - White, almost mint. When I asked for the car, the guy at the dealership said.. Yeah we have it, but last night someone stole the ENTIRE front bumper..

He then said, come take a look, just don't touch it, we're waiting for the police to show up to dust for prints.... and yep there it was...

Driver's Side Window smashed, WHOLE front bumper+lights stolen...This is on ATLANTIC a main street in East Los Angeles.. lots of businesses around there and other dealers.. Jeez.. these guys aren't afraid of anything anymore!

·
Registered
815 Posts
:mad: I too share your pain and anger man. About three months ago I went to the local mall and some f*@%er tried to break into my 93 Legend. They must have been spotted because they never got in, but messed up the sheet metal around the locks on my doors on both sides, probly used a screw driver or somethin. Wish i would've spotted them first, ya know wot i mean. Anyways stay up man, it'll come back them, who ever did this to ya.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Arrested or not I would beat the **** out of someone if i caught them tryin to nab my stuff that i worked hard for and sweat long hours over drinkin cold beers to install. I mean it pisses me off soooo bad that people are so jealous and greedy that they have to steal other peoples stuff to make their ride nicer.... Get a F*CKIN job and buy your own **** it!! Im really sorry that your stuff got stolen... i hope things come through for you

Vito

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey GenIILegend
Dam that Sh*t sucks I feel your pain man I just had my car broken into a month ago after going to see a Mets game and came back they tried to steal my baby but having 2 alarms must of discouraged them but they made $800 worth of damage in there attempt . The curse of the Legend is its rareness for that we all end up paying. Its sucks that you cant have a nice freaking car without some low life f#@king with your ride. Keep your head up Brother be glad they didnt take your whole ride. I just put in the viper in my car Oh well :-(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey GenII to steal all that stuff, like specific things that you named, chances are that it was someone that knew your car, like a shop that did work on it. If i were you i'd look into that shop, there is a good chance it was them, especially if youve heard things about them before

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm agreeing with the people that think it was someone that must have known your car to steal everything like that... Especially since it it was so seamless they had to have known exactly where stuff was to and how to get it apart quickly and easily... thats why i do as much of my own work as i can...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts