Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering whether or not it was a difficult job to remove the antenna and install a new one for my 94 Coupe. If anyone can post up detailed instructions on how it is installed i would appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Lorenzo
94 Legend Coupe
Toronto

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
On a scale of 1 - 10, the pwr antenna removal is a 2. To install an aftermarket antenna is another matter. Some require the install of a bracket or brace as well as having to splice into the OEM harness. Unless the motor is no longer working, install a new mast. The motors seldom die. Frankly, before I would install an aftermarket antenna I would install a used OEM one or an OEM replacement mast.

Once you remove the trunk trim, you will see what needs to be disconnected and unbolted. In terms of the antenna nut, you can use a pair of pliers whose jaws have been covered with several layers of Duct tape or rubber electrical tape (to inhibit scratching of the nut). In the past (knowing that some antenna nuts come off hard and in the process become scratched) I have just ordered a replacement antenna nut (approx. $10).

Can't provide specific info re degree of difficulty as each aftermarket antenna is slightly different. Overall, it would require more work to install any aftermarket vs a used OEM. Same holds for specific install instructions.

If you have a specific aftermarket pwr antenna in mind, post a note to determine whether anyone else has installed one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, i lucked out and ended up getting a whole new factory antenna for only $40 US brand new off a member here so i am very fortunate. I got a quote from a acura dealership here that wanted to sell me one for 532+ 15% tax canadian. i figure with the exchange etc. i saved over $300. I actually have to pick it up tonite.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
lorenzo you just made the best buy of the month. The replacement masts are just over $50.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.