Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using this phone, or know if it works? I wanted the V600, but the Cingular sales rep told me it is no longer available (at least at the store). The V505 is essentially the replacement.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not using this phone, but thought you might be interested to know what my cousin, who works for Moto, recommended. She said that she has been using the V551 for some time and that I should check it out. I was particularly concerned with reception, since I have an older Moto T721 that struggles in this area, but it looks like Moto has fixed poor reception problems with the V551.

Best place I found to get some honest opinions on most cell phones is www.phonescoop.com

Good luck with your decision

Pete

·
Registered
105 Posts
my brother just bought the v505 a week ago and loves it so far. I used to use the Startac for years (still have about 5 if anyone wants a collecters item), and feel it is still the highest quality phone I've owned, even though I finally switched over to a color internet phone after much resistance (sanyo, it's no Motorola). If I was with Cingular or anything other than Sprint (they don't carry Moto), I would buy the best Motorola on the market every time. You won't find a higher quality phone, in my opinion. Have you seen the new one for Verizon? the super thin one? man, if i hadn't just re-signed a contract i'd switch just for that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. I ended up getting the V551. I'll have it in about 3-5 days as it was not in stock. The sales guy at AT&T Wireless told me that his dad uses the V551 in the TL and it works great. He said the 551 is actually better than the 501, higher quality display, and supports mpeg4 video.
He also said the razr3 was definitely not worth the price, which I thought was interesting coming from a salesman.

·
Registered
174 Posts
T-Mobile is not going to follow Cingular's lead with headsets. Cingular/AT&T tends to release their handets/devices too early in order to meet consumer demand. T-Mobile tests their handsets for weeks which is why it appears that they are slow to produce new products. Quality over quantity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested, I do have the V505 and it works great with the RL and in gneral. It is very similar to the V551 but it saves me $10 per month as I can stay on ATT rather than migrating to Cingulair.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
You know interestingly enough, Cingular lessened the minute amount on its 39.99 plan. But now that my contract has expired, they are offering me 1000 Anytime w/Rolloever, Unlimited Mobile To Mobile, Unlimited Weeknights & Weekends for the same price... 39.99

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.