Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a CD changer mounted in their G1 trunk? I have mine mounted on the underside of the back deck with the 6x9's and the vibrations make it skip a little bit. It's a pretty heavy 10 disc Kenwood unit. Where is the easiest place to mount it and how do you mount it? Thanks.

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
Custom clear bumper lenses
Custom mesh grill
Kenwood 10 disc CD
Interior 10" sound activated neons x 2
Hyperwhite driving lights
166,000 miles

·
Five- O
857 Posts
When I had my pioneer system w/ changer I had it mounted standing upright (with the mouth facing up) on the driverside of the trunk, next to the black plastic pocket. Sorry no pics digi cams weren't available back then.

Or ....... I'm not sure of the size of your changer but u can try to put it under the passenger seat. Put the mouth of changer facing the rear, that way u don't have to go to the trunk to change cd's. I currently have my amp there.

good luck
Esti

·
Registered
689 Posts
under passenger seat works great

hey, mounting the CD changer under the passenger seat, behind the ECU (on 89 sedan's) works GREAT! i've got a JVC 12 disc, which ain't that small, so you should be able to fit almost any other brand there. what's great is that you can just reach down behind the passenger seat and grab the magazine to change CD's (compared to stopping the car, getting out, popping the trunk, etc). also, it makes a LOT harder to steal.

cons- it's not quick nor easy to install since it requires unbolting the entire passenger seat and drilling into the floor...you might not want to go through that.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
The G1 coupes ECU isn't under the passenger seat, it's under the passenger foot well.
When I installed my amp under the passenger seat I didn't want to drill any holes into the car so I just made 4 slits into the carpet and attached the amp to the carpet with 4 plastic ties. The amp is secure and doesn't move.
It's a option.

Esti

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm... I just checked the measurements under my passenger seat and it would fit fine except there is this one little bar that goes across the underside of the seat. I think that since it is a LS it might be a lil different. But thanks... I'm thinking about mounting it in the passenger side of the trunk flat and drill through the trunk... not sure if the exhaust would get in the way. It looks like there is more room on the passenger side than drivers except for the jack being there. But thanks...

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
Custom clear bumper lenses
Custom mesh grill
Kenwood 10 disc CD
Interior 10" sound activated neons x 2
Hyperwhite driving lights
Hyperwhite headlights
166,000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts