Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I got my 20 gig RIOCAR. It is the coolest thing I have ever owned cept for the legend of course. To check it out the website is http://www.sonicblue.com/audio/rio/riocar.asp
Well I am planning on getting a 94-95 Legend coupe LS. I want to replace the Bose deck with this one. I know there is a 200 watt amp in the back of the car but is it only compatable with the Bose head unit? Is there anyway to make it work? I really don't want to buy another amp. If I have to would you guys give me some suggestions?

Thanks
Brad
89 L coupe

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You won't have to buy a new amp, but eventually you will because after the headunit, you want new speakers. After you get new speakers, you want an amp. The relentless and never-ending cycle of buying goodies for yourself is uncontrollable! =X

btw i want one of those. i think it's one of the best headunits based on design. how much do one of those run for?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was really close to getting one of those..

If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the Alpine cha7878... I probably would have gotten one of those.. They are getting pretty popular for obvious reasons...

ill probably wait another few years to get a hard drive based unit to store mp3's, as the tech gets better and less expensive..

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey Living_Legend, what do you think about the Alpine CDA-7878? I was thinking of purchasing one and wanted to know how does it react when you play MP3's? Does it take a long time to load and go to the next track or any other problems?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Im impressed with it

I am impressed with the unit so far, I havent really had time to fine tune my system yet, but it seems to filter out an acceptable amount of mp3 noise, The best part of this unit is that you can really tweak the settings to fit it to your listening style.

The search is pretty quick, usually finds files and folders within the cd in a few seconds tops.. Sometimes it takes longer than others but nothing really too noticeable.. It is much faster than the kenwood mp3 deck in my friends ride and sounds much more clear..

I have only heard a hard drive mp3 player in a car once, and it sounded ok, but I havent heard enough to make any real comments on they sound compared to units that read mp3 encoded disks.. I assume that with a seperate eq you could make a hard drive mp3 player sound pretty good, but the alpine has components within it that clean up improve the quality of the mp3..

The best thing to do would be to go to a sterio shop and try out a bunch of units. Listen to all of the mp3 units.. Then listen to the alpine. I doubt that you will disagree as to which one sounds best..:cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I paid 5 bills for it.. Never installed , but out of box.. You could probably get them wholesale or on E-bay for around 6.. Retail I believe is $865.. If you want one drop me an e-mail and I can refer you to a reputable wholesaler..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts