Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MP3 Display issue - Album Title

Hello,
When playing an MP3 CD in my RL, the "Album" field on the audio menu defaults to the track title for the 1st MP3 track on the disc, and keeps that value throughout the entire disc, i.e. when I proceed to the next track, the title never changes, but remains as the name of track 1) I don't know if this is a symptom of how I am burning the MP3 CD, or if it's just how the RL displays it. I've burned CD's with both Nero and iTunes and get the same result.
I would think that the Album would be the unique name that I give the entire collection of MP3's when I burned it, but it does not seem to work that way. I've even tried creating sub-folders on the Disc, and giving them unique names, but no luck
Anyone else have a similar experience ??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rinse_Out said:
Hello,
When playing an MP3 CD in my RL, the "Album" field on the audio menu defaults to the track title for the 1st MP3 track on the disc, and keeps that value throughout the entire disc, i.e. when I proceed to the next track, the title never changes, but remains as the name of track 1) I don't know if this is a symptom of how I am burning the MP3 CD, or if it's just how the RL displays it. I've burned CD's with both Nero and iTunes and get the same result.
I would think that the Album would be the unique name that I give the entire collection of MP3's when I burned it, but it does not seem to work that way. I've even tried creating sub-folders on the Disc, and giving them unique names, but no luck
Anyone else have a similar experience ??
Sad to say that I had exactly the same experience. After trying to burn the MP3 CD with most programs, I finally gave up.

If you find out how to work it, please let us all know.

Pete

·
Registered
22 Posts
The title may not change from being the first track listed, but you should be able to view each and every track by its own name. I can on my mp3 discs. The entire list displays and I can dial to any particular track. (Long titles are, of course, truncated to the limit of the display.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those who care, I figured out a work-around, albeit a kludgey one. I created an empty MP3 file (.05 seconds of silence) and saved it using a file name that I wanted to use for the album title. I then re-burned the CD using the empty MP3 as the 1st track.
Most people would probably not be bothered by this problem. But unfortuneately I'm both petty and anal retentive.

cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rinseout,

I have considered doing exactly the same thing...pleased to see it works.

What software are you using to burn your mp3's to CD? I have been using Itunes (came with my PC) but I have been having troubles creating folders if I do not add track numbers.

Problem is the track numbers show up in the track name on the RL's display, so instead of getting...

Track 03 I Love My RL

I get...

Track 03 03 I Love My RL

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
21 Posts
I echo DCRL's report. Pushing the enter button while the MP3 Disc is selected, brings up all the folders on the disc. Turning the input knob cycles thru the folders. Pressing the enter button when a folder selected opens the folder to display what is inside. My first burn has been succesful by placing the songs in individual folders. Works great displaying info as DCRL has mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts