Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have one of these components in their legend? if so, how does it perform? i know that the increased spark really helps for things like mileage and increased hp, but what about if you have a dinan or another type chip that controls ignition timing? would having the two conflict? or would it be better to just get the chip, or just the msd?? any input is appreciated! i have just added intake and am getting an exhaust on my 91 sedan soon, so i guess you can factor these two things in too. from previous reading, i'm under the impression that getting intake, exhaust, chip and ignition (not necessarily in that order) are some of the best and most simple add ons for tuning a car. any ideas?? --silko

·
Registered
270 Posts
MSD make great ignitions and you can use them with an ECU upgrade... You won't notice too much of a difference, though, until you get enough mods to need the stronger spark... stock setup driving will see marginal effects... AT BEST...

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Well the coil on plug ignition used on the G2s is a pretty darn good setup to start. Upgrading to the MSD DIS system is going to be a complicated mod. Just ask Dv8. Unless you're using large shots of nitrous or heavy forced induction there really isn't much point in it.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Exactly what Dave C said, MSD's Are a pointless waste of money for the legend, When i could get everything working up to par, i got not to show for it besides a big bill and pain in the back.

The stock setup ie timming and spark is among the best ive seen.

I am waiting on the 8 channel stacker MSD supossedly due out for DIS cars, it is alot easier to hook up to the car and might actually preform better than my two dis 2 and 4 i had rigged up.

another person that did this mod after me with very little problems was pjlegend, i havent seen him around much latley.

~Hybrid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts