Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was driving home from school today and the worst happned! Well lets just say that my throdle got suck at about 2K and going down a hill going about 40 than i go to hit my brakes and nothing happened so i two foot it brake and it was not stoping so i had to act fast and not hit my friends car. So i had to romp over a center curb and had to go the other way of the street and turn on to a street and try to stop the mad car to a hault but it would not stop so i had to put it in N and it just redline so i put it into drive and it wanted to take off so i pull th e-brake and nothing happened but skids and than i said screw it and just put it into N and than when it slowed down i put it ito park and turned it off. So how dou think my day was like.

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was in the middle ofthe street going about 20 and i didnt want to stop there

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
rule of thumb buddy. throttle stuck. put the car in N, turn it off. right there on the spot. 20mph is slow. and your not coming to a complete stop, your just cutting power to the wheels/engine.

the reason you're break wasn't doing anything is b/c your car has some power to it, its a V6. parking break you pulled too fast, it locked the rear wheels, you should have pulled it up slowly.

take it as advice on what to do next time something like this happens to anyone.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
^ Well imagine you being in the same situation as him. Sometimes you don't have time to think cause you don't want to crash in front of someone. I know how you feel when my rear brake line broke on me. Almost crashed into some one until I threw it to N and pulled the e-brake.

Try pressing the gas peddle to see if its opening the throttle. If it isn't, then the butterfly in the throttle is stuck. Your gonna need to clean it. I'm glad your safe though.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
no no, i do picture myself, and thats what i would have done. thats why i'm sharing it. its good tid bit of info and can help you avoid a wreck and/or hurting yourself and others.

but as i said, you should check your throttle cables, pedal linkages. your throttle body to see if its sticking open and your idle air control valve to see if thats sticking open.

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i didnt want to stop in the middle i didnt want to chase an wreak. Well thanks Lazy i know how u felt but it would stop on the gas if i was on a reod that wasnt busy than i would of did that but the road i was on was the high schools main road to get out to down town.

·
Registered
352 Posts
LMAO u should have seen how close i got to running into a jetta when my brakes went out! i literally had no brakes, no e brake, nothing. my master cylinder messed up lol.

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya its not a good feeling and so all of u guys go check your cables and spary the coil spring with some wd-40

·
Registered
105 Posts
wow shitty run of luck, thou makes me glad i have a 5spd gotta love the clutch factor, and at that if you have a clutch failure just pop it out of gear

·
Registered
797 Posts
wow shitty run of luck, thou makes me glad i have a 5spd gotta love the clutch factor, and at that if you have a clutch failure just pop it out of gear
+1 for the love of downshifting and ebrake.

not stopping sucks for sure no matter what the cause...... reason i havent seen my car in a week :( i miss it.

glad you are okay though

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
well i didnt want to stop in the middle i didnt want to chase an wreak. Well thanks Lazy i know how u felt but it would stop on the gas if i was on a reod that wasnt busy than i would of did that but the road i was on was the high schools main road to get out to down town.
no but you don't STOP. you CUT POWER TO YOUR ENGINE WHILE IT WONT STOP REVVING. wow is it really that hard to read what i wrote? sheesh PLUS you said yourself, yuou could bearly avoid hitting another car b/c you couldn't stop. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I'm glad to hear your okay there Mike... get that issue resolve ASAP ;)

·
The Legend is gone :(
384 Posts
That sucks man but you don't know scared scary is when the throttle gets stuck on an 800 bhp v8 that shits crazy!

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Well...either way Mike, glad to hear youre okay and the car wasnt seriously damaged...

Like I mentioned before, just open the car up to WOT with the car off to be sure it never gets stuck again.....sounds like you might have already have the issue resolved, but you know...just to be safe :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
glad you're okay, but I'm gonna have to agree with alperovich....should've shut it off right there and brought it to a stop, better to be stopped in the middle of the road (facing the correct direction) with ur hazard lights on and have to push it, than to suddenly jump a curb and risk a head on collision driving up the wrong side of a street...

·
VIP Premium Member
489 Posts
Well i was driving home from school today and the worst happned! Well lets just say that my throdle got suck at about 2K and going down a hill going about 40 than i go to hit my brakes and nothing happened so i two foot it brake and it was not stoping so i had to act fast and not hit my friends car. So i had to romp over a center curb and had to go the other way of the street and turn on to a street and try to stop the mad car to a hault but it would not stop so i had to put it in N and it just redline so i put it into drive and it wanted to take off so i pull th e-brake and nothing happened but skids and than i said screw it and just put it into N and than when it slowed down i put it ito park and turned it off. So how dou think my day was like.
I wished that the school you drove home from would help you on your spelling and grammar. Its really bad. Clean Legend though!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Some people just have bad spelling and grammar. Like me but we get our msg across, well most of the time. Its easier to remember to just turn it off after the first time

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will know what to do next time if it does and i was wondering my car was acting up two days ago like it was missing at idle. It was running rough but than it cleared up does anyone know what is could be

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
i will know what to do next time if it does and i was wondering my car was acting up two days ago like it was missing at idle. It was running rough but than it cleared up does anyone know what is could be?!?
^^^ Mike, just a suggestion... might want to start a new thread for this issue ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts