Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's a photo of my '94 GS 6-speed. It now has over 185K miles on it (runs like NEW!), and this photo was taken when it had at least 150K.

Attachments

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Damm, the car looks pretty good from what I can see. How long have you had the car. And Welcome to the forums, hope you like it here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I want it I want it I want it. Now why couldn't I find a nice black/black GS Sedan 6-Speed with under 70,000 miles when I was looking!? Anyone have any idea how many 6-speed GS Sedans were produced? I have only seen ONE first hand...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Props!

THANKS! We bought our 6-speed GS in May, 1999, from a business owner whose hobby was detailing the Legend and his BMW's. It had 101K miles on it and we paid what I thought was a fair but slightly higher-end price (at that time) of $16,500. I didn't mind because the car was in PERFECT condition, and we were (and are) keeping it until 500K - 1 Million miles. The car was registered under the seller's business and for tax write-off purposes, he took the car to the Acura dealer for EVERYTHING and had extensive service records. 85K totally trouble-free miles is proof of the wisdom of this purchase, IMHO.

Example: Once, when the seller bent one of the GS rims, he sent it off to a reputable wheel repair shop, and the repair looked good. Would never know anything happened to it. But not good enough for this guy - that rim (with 225/50ZR16 Michelin Pilot) became the full-size spare and he bought a new GS rim from the dealer (well over $300 - I have the receipt).

I have experience with a number of different high-miles Nissans and Hondas. Don't let high mileage scare you away, because these cars will last 500,000+ miles if you take care of them. Base your purchase decision instead on the owner and his records and the condition of the car.

For more photos of this GS 6-speed, and a list of the mods (not many), go to the Kenny Groh's Legend Temple Gallery and look at "Eric & Cindy Schindelbeck's 1994 GS 6-Speed". Mods in addition to those listed include titanium tinted windows and clear corners. I routinely get 28.5 - 29 mpg commuting (mostly highway).

Here's another photo, taken at 127K miles at the 2000 Carlisle Import/Custom show, where our GS placed 3rd in class (where one of the 1st two place finishers was a frappin' brand-new 3.2 TL right off the showroom floor. Where's the sport in that?!? As if the TL should be classed with the Legends to begin with (and it shouldn't)...

Oh - production numbers:
total # of North American sales of the GS 6-speed sedan was:
1994 - 1024
1995 - 1128
Source: Auto Compilers, Inc., but I've not been able to confirm these numbers otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts