Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i got a 86 legend, its my pride and joy, ive done little things to the car preformance wise, was wondering if hookin it up was a smart idea or would it not be such a good idea, ive cant find any sites that really have mods for a 86 legend, but then i could use the mods for the 89 as well though right? just tyin to gather other opinions, any and all will be appricated, pls let me know, drop me aline if you will [email protected] or on aim biggdave15, i didnt get a big responce on the feedback thread so id figure id try in here. heh most of the reason i questionig fixin up my car is cause i can barley find anyplaces that have anything for my car,. any insight would be appricated thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
is it a sedan or a coupe?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
legendHI said:
is it a sedan or a coupe?
1986=Sedan
All mods from the 89 should work in theory, except for maybe the ECU upgrade. Remember, the 89 has a 2.7L engind and the 86 has a 2.5. Also, your rear suspension is different from the 89 (but the same as the 87-88). Stuff is hard to find though, so good luck should you decide to proceed. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys, im new to the whole upgradein my car n stuff, its more so passion and love for it then knowledge, that will all come in time though next thing im lookin at doin is cold air intake, type R seems to be the road to take w/ that as well thanks again :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
There are things that you can do... it's just that you have to make/do alot of them instead of buying them off the shelf (which is part of the fun).
If you like it, (and you sound like a smart guy :D ) fix it up!
I've been nickle and dimeing my '88 and it's comming along now.
He11, a good mod for you would be finding a 2.7 and ecu and doing a motor upgrade. If you want motor stuff look at :
www.paeco.com
these guys have up to 372 hp norm. asp v6 acuras. They are expensive, but an all motor is. The stage 2 motor kit is reasonble if you buy it off season (20% discount) and can do the work yourself.
Keep looking at the boards, cruise the performance/mods section from start to finish and you'll see lots of ideas on how to do the things yourself.
Best of luck,
buk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts