Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I know I'm probably a crazy arse for even attempting to race such a car. But I was very surprised at how little the 02 SE Altima has on the G2 Legend. I'm in a 92, all stock, w/ no mods :( (except lighting, need $$$:rolleyes: ). I always love a good challenge, and apparently this guy was up to giving me one. This shows that the Legend was obviously ahead of it's time in terms of engine manufacturing, and I give Honda serious props for designing such a beautiful engine. 02 cars have WAY more technology than 90's, and I know that the engine he was running was 240hp w/ a 3.5L V6 DOHC. So technically, I was beat from the beginning. :(

Now, what scared me when I finished racing this guy is this: I kept up with him, but I never hit W.O.T..... that's freaky. This car is scary fast. So all I need now is my intake, a Remus, and an oil change.

Any other engine mods that I missed? I could use an extra 60 hp, so if anyone knows of anything... post it. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
An Altima is fast? :confused: I guess......Hmmmmm.....I never knew Altimas were 3.5 L. That's weird I raced a Maxima and a 525i (BMW-which I believe is also a V6) and I beat them both using my 92LS automatic tranny as a manual tranny (shifting gears). :confused: Latin.........

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
haha

The new altima runs a 14.3 it would kill you. The 2002 max should have romped you to esp if it is the 6-speed those run 14.2s my friend has one its fast fast.If it was the 3.5 Liter he has 255hp.he also had a 2001 max with intake exhaust and all kinds of crap and i beat him in my 92 legend with intake.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
An Altima is fast? :confused: I guess......Hmmmmm.....I never knew Altimas were 3.5 L. That's weird I raced a Maxima and a 525i (BMW-which I believe is also a V6) and I beat them both using my 92LS automatic tranny as a manual tranny (shifting gears). :confused: Latin.........
the all new Altima has been revamped...instead of 140hp on the 2-ish liter, the TOP of the line SE model has 240hp.

The regular ones are like 2.5L with 170-ish hp

·
Registered
423 Posts
That is interesting, I don't know if it was a 2002 but I still kicked some azz :D Myb I got lucky lol. Latin..................

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: hehe

CODY690 said:
it was probobally a 2001 i killed that one but when he got the 2002 we went out and he left me way way behind it was sad :(.
Sorry to hear that brotha, next time i c a 2002 Maxima I'll get off on the next freeway exit lol. NOT!!!!!!! [email protected] IT!!!!!!!!!!! LET"S RACE! lol. Latin.............

P.S. I'll c how it rates when i get my new GS :D

G

·
Hmmm, how could you be racing someone and nver be at wideopen throttle? Do you mean that you never had the accelerator to the floor??? I'm confused, doesn't racing mean that you try to drive as fast as you can ;).

·
Registered
744 Posts
LMAO - yeah, how u supposed to do dat. On my 6speed I occasionally go above redline but I am Wide open Throttle every time orit wouldn't be racing - unless your lining up with a tempo.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
423 Posts
LOL @ tempo! Ha! That's a laff. Latin...........:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: haha

CODY690 said:
The new altima runs a 14.3 it would kill you. The 2002 max should have romped you to esp if it is the 6-speed those run 14.2s my friend has one its fast fast.If it was the 3.5 Liter he has 255hp.he also had a 2001 max with intake exhaust and all kinds of crap and i beat him in my 92 legend with intake.
Just curious where you got those times. Sport Compact Car magazine has the Altima running 14.9 in the quarter and 6.7 0-60,
and the Maxima running 15 in the quarter and 6.9 0-60.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i dunno about ne of those times but there was this one site w/ videos of an altima raping a s2000 multiple times. anyone else know what im talkin about?

·
Registered
217 Posts
im pretty sure the altimas are 5spd and the maximas are 6spds

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.