Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 2 years and 50K miles my Legend is dead. It has serious crank issues and a new engine will cost more than the car is worth. I only paid $5400 for the car but I really loved it. If I had the 4G's to have a new engine put in I would.

I guess I'll just sell it for parts.

What a sad sad sad day this is.

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
PCJedi said:
Well, after 2 years and 50K miles my Legend is dead. It has serious crank issues and a new engine will cost more than the car is worth. I only paid $5400 for the car but I really loved it. If I had the 4G's to have a new engine put in I would.

I guess I'll just sell it for parts.

What a sad sad sad day this is.
If you are parting it out, I would like your master window switch and related components, gauge cluster, headlights and maybe your wheels.

email me @ [email protected]

But I do agree that an engine swap shouldnt cost you 4k.

· is gone with the wind ...
1,019 Posts
Questions:

1. Is it automatic or 6-spd?
2. What is current total mileage? (I assume you put 50K on yourself)
3. Do you have pictures to post?

Suggestion:

PM Stevieray. He's near you and might be able to suggest a good mechanic to install a JDM Type II engine for you (he had a JDM transplant there) and save your investment.

$4K for a new engine? You've been asked to bend over, man.

· Registered
148 Posts
How much for the drivers door window motor?

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After talking to Stevie Ray, were going to try to get a JDM engine. I've gotta get in touch with a mechanic he recommended. If we can't get a good price on the labor then I'll let you guys know.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It Will LIVE AGAIN!!!

After finding out we could get a new engine and have it put in for about 2G's we've decided to get the Legend fixed.

I really want to thank StevieRay for his help. The Forum is extremely helpful for us non-gearheads.

Has anyone other than Stevie put in a jdm engine and if so what has been your experience.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
this may be VERY dumb...but couldnt you drop the support, oil pan etc and remove the crank from the bottom..?? Just a thought and probably hard to do...if it is possible.

· Registered
4,439 Posts
You guys are so quick to call dibs on parts.

Forum poster: I just crashed my Legend today. I'm in the hospital, with no legs and only one arm.

Response: Since you can't walk, call somebody and see if they can take the drivers side window seat out of your car, if its not too bloody.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.