Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to them for some heavy duty trunk springs and they aren't in stock anymore, so they say. Anyone know of a dealer in your area that has them. Part no. 08f13-sp1-200r1. My coupe has the spoiler and the trunk drops when the wind blows. I'm sure some of you can relate. Its due to the spring in the trunk being worn out.

thx,

cakedaddy

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I use an axe handle to hold my trunk up... its a real pain in the ass, especially when you are trying to load/unload stuff. I just live with it:rolleyes: the guy who sold me the car put the spoiler on and it has not stayed up since then...

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mckenzie93 said:
I use an axe handle to hold my trunk up... its a real pain in the ass, especially when you are trying to load/unload stuff. I just live with it:rolleyes: the guy who sold me the car put the spoiler on and it has not stayed up since then...
I've been using a stick, but thats becoming a pain. Actually the springs only cost 22 buck for the set. But its a pain to put the in. The dealer wants to charge $65 to do it. Thats the hourly rate, so 1 hour to install.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the only dealer that's close to having them is acura augusta but they are springs that are included with the spoiler. they might split the package for you. give them a call. i don't have their number with me but if you go to their website, the number will show up.
-j
www.acuraofaugusta.com

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aiznpride said:
the only dealer that's close to having them is acura augusta but they are springs that are included with the spoiler. they might split the package for you. give them a call. i don't have their number with me but if you go to their website, the number will show up.
-j
www.acuraofaugusta.com
Well, I called Joe at Acura of Augusta and nothing. Not in stock anymore,

But, I just got this URL below and they have them. $18 for the set.
It's out of Diluth Ga.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net/

·
Registered
282 Posts
redundant

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If Acura of Augusta can no longer provide the optional spoiler torsion bars: 08F13-SP1-00002 and 00003, then check the hinge base where it is attached to the package shelf. On my 92 CPE, there are two "teeth" and by moving the torsion spring to the higher setting you may gain some additional torsion/lift. The correct procedure was, however, to install the optional springs set on the lowest setting.

·
32 Posts
useful tool

Man, I had never seen that www.acuraautomotiveparts.com. Great resource and good prices. It looks alot like the parts system that the Acura dealers use. Anyhow, I just wanted to give Kudos for the heads up on a good resource. I am always looking for another resource. Thanks again.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anytime. And I beleive its .net instead of .com

Oh, I'll try not to post this four time, I don't want any chezzy 8th grade comments or remarks about it. LOL

;)

And LPB, thanks for the tip on the upper teeth on the trunk. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts