Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after sending my headlights to N.J. to get the BMW X5 projectors installed, they couldn't do it...I finally got them back and then tried 2 places in my town but no takers....So after being without my legend for 2 months I finally sucked it up and got some courage and installed them myself...I am really proud of myself and so happy with them... I now have true HID Fogs(Sylvania Xenarcs) and Lowbeams(OEM BMW X5 HID Projectors)...Possibly the only Legend with HID Fogs and low beams....which I've already accomplished once before with my first HID Conversion kit....Either way, I know there is not another Legend with X5 HID's and Xenarc HID's....And I do have the most brightly lit legend in the world...Ok, now that I've boasted:), here are a few pics and a link to my album. Pics 10-13 are of the projectors actually on the car and the previous pics are of installation kinda, and other random pics...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292010975&idx=1

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Great job.

Can you post some pics of the beam pattern when you have a chance?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
like, umm..
that car looks like it's the DEVIL now.

i wont be able to go to sleep now.

them big eyes etched in my mind. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
that looks awesome man! thats cool you got that done, do u still have high beams in there? or did u just have to pull out that whole glass piece inside the light housing?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll get pics of the beam pattern and the Xenarc Fogs soon...I actually took the long glass piece that covers the high and low beam sections to a glass place and they cut it so I get to retain my high beams!! YAY!!

Thanks Jose:rolleyes:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can you please give instructions on how to install the HID? I notice that you actually open up your headlight. Am i right? If so, please let me know how to open up the headlight. What tools did you use to install that HID?

I am planning to install my one piece headlight on my 92 Legend sedan using the OEM wiring harness instead of actually splicing the wires. So your instructions might help me in doing that.

If it's too long, you can email me at [email protected] for the instructions.

thanks a lot and hey, it's very nice.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
wow!

All I got to say is WOW! Mad props to you, takes a lot of courage to gut your headlights like that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
damn that looks pretty good... i am goin to do the nissian silvia s-15 head and tail light conversion... when i get it done then ill post pics

thanks
richard

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: Congratulations on the project and I know all the trouble you had to go through was well worth the wait. The pics look really good and when you get a chance try to post pics of the beam pattern and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, you guys are something else, just awesome. You know, you can probably fabricate something to fill the opening gaps on the sides behind your projectors, it will really give it a finished look. I really admire your courage and abilities, your to be commended, it works, groovy babe.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will type out some good instructions soon for you guys...I used a dremel tool for this project...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Matt way to go,

That looks Great. I am glad you finally got those babies in.
A few question, As you know Iam also doing a Conversion with my 1-piece headlights using Audi A6 projectors, I notice that you did not use a shroad around your projectors, any reason?

How is the beam pattern?

Any info would be appreciated or you can e-mail me.

[email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good job, I was just thinking about that over the weekend. Now can I have my headlights back :D. Pretty pleaseeeeeeee lol.

latin.............................

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Matt, after all the stress and hard work, it finally pays off in the end. They look perfect. :) Sorry, I haven't been online lately because I've been busy with Physics and Counter Strike Tournaments. Awesome job!! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
WOW~~
That's looks awesome.
Fantastic Job!!!
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Matt how did u solve the problem with the beam correctness? when u put in the M5 light how did u mount it in the hole so that it would aim the light true?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts