Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help somebody!!!! My brakes are working but I have noticed something different in the last few days or so. When I press my brake and hold it down (as if I were waiting at a stop light) it seems to sag in a little bit. It almost feels like I am bleeding my brakes very very slowly. The first time I noticed this was a few days ago... is when I held my brake down, a little while after I was pressing the gas at the same time... Help! What is the problem?????? :confused:

·
Registered
767 Posts
lol.. why am i always the one with a different idea.. check all your calipers as well as it could be a leaky piston seal(probably not tho.. but you dont wanna be driving down the road and lose them altogether.. a) :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to a garage here in town and the mech told me that it is probably the booster and that the master cylinder is okay. He said that it is still okay to use the car and to come back when the brake starts to feel more softer. According to the brake problem advice from MikeD though it seems that the problem with my car is the master cylinder... don't know what to do?

Hotstartup- the fluid level is fine... not low at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks LegendGS I called another shop and they told me it is definately the Master Cylinder and that I should NOT drive the car! Guess that I'll be walking or get my girl to drive me until I get the car fixed! Thanks for everyones help here in the forum!!!!! :bowdown:

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,668 Posts
you can replace the master cylinder with ease. i think i have a diy somewhere on this forum. search it up.

its really simple.

i got my MC changed twice and wat not. but its all good now.

good luck

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
smartjay28 said:
i think i have a diy somewhere on this forum. search it up.
Jonny, I did a search and also in the DIY forum. I found nothing. But the link I postet contains really all infos plus dealer info what 'DBoogie' need to get it fixed. I believe it's time to create a additional BMC DIY! -Mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Try bleading your lines. My car was doing the same thing a year or so ago. Just buy some brake fluid, which is cheap, and then blead the lines. If that doesn't fix it then do what they said. While your bleading the lines look for leaks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well got the master cylinder changed for $333 (inc tax and labour) Would have done it but got no tools. Only prob now is that there is a hissing noise. Brought it back to the shop that changed the MC and they said it is probably my Booster. They said the hissing noise is not their fault. I brought my car to another shop (HI-pace) and they said to try changing the gasket between the MC and Booster. Hopefully this works and I won't have to pay for a new booster. Should have dealt with Hi-Pace since the beginning. They seem to be easier to deal with and have the best prices too. Anyone with an opinion on the hissing noise? Booster seems to still work!

·
Registered
765 Posts
dboogie08 said:
Help somebody!!!! My brakes are working but I have noticed something different in the last few days or so. When I press my brake and hold it down (as if I were waiting at a stop light) it seems to sag in a little bit. It almost feels like I am bleeding my brakes very very slowly. The first time I noticed this was a few days ago... is when I held my brake down, a little while after I was pressing the gas at the same time... Help! What is the problem?????? :confused:
Just wanted to say nice looking Sedan.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hissing Sound Diagnosis

The hissing is the vacuum escaping between the MC and the Booster. I have never seen a booster go out on a Honda. It will be the seal between the MC and booster. The first shop may have failed to put the old one back in. Charge them for the new seal beacuse it was their fault that it did not seal. That is part of the job and they should be required to get it right. Hell, I'd take the whole bill to them and make them pay it.

Sorry, it ticks me off to see people in the position of mechanic that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. This stuff is not that hard to repair!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think you should take it back to the shop that did the job. I'm guessing they forgot to put back or change the rod seal. The part # is 46185-SD4-932. Good luck!

dboogie08 said:
well got the master cylinder changed for $333 (inc tax and labour) Would have done it but got no tools. Only prob now is that there is a hissing noise. Brought it back to the shop that changed the MC and they said it is probably my Booster. They said the hissing noise is not their fault. I brought my car to another shop (HI-pace) and they said to try changing the gasket between the MC and Booster. Hopefully this works and I won't have to pay for a new booster. Should have dealt with Hi-Pace since the beginning. They seem to be easier to deal with and have the best prices too. Anyone with an opinion on the hissing noise? Booster seems to still work!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the replies guys... eveyone is dizzam helpful on this thing! :D

Paradise- you're sedan looks NICE too!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.