Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Urgent HELP needed with HELMS Manual !!!

hi

my car was almost got STOLEN in front of my house around 2 weeks ago. the thief tried to pry out the part that i showed in the following pictures

can someone please identify this part for me and the part number for me please??

i am trying to get another part from junk yard, but i was thinking if i am going to get it from junk yard, that means i have to pry the same part just like the way the thief did. therefore, i opt to buy a new one.

also, people with HELMS MANUAL, can you please scan the instruction for removal and installation for this part and email me at [email protected] ?

I really appreciate your help in this one. thanks.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
My HELM is for the Cpe. I did look in a MOTOR Crash Estimating Guide which I believe lists the part as a Corner Cover. The LT side P/N was 72761-SP0-003 and retailed in 1995 for $47.84. Further stated that time for R&R was .3hrs. Can't tell how that cover is attached; whether you have to remove the inner door panel or if the screws are under the weatherstrip.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is the part number for coupe or sedan?
what is R&R?

.3 hrs means an 18 minutes job, not bad. i guess i will do it myself if i can get an instruction for removal and installation. anyone can help on the instruction?

thanks

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Your photo showed a Sedan with the LT side rear door being damaged. That is the part number for the LT side. The Cpe doesn't have such a moulding. R&R = Remove and Replace. The time stated in the manual is supposed to be based on "average" time. I know of no tech who cannot beat the listed time. So....this should be an easy DIY repair.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot, LPB

one more thing, is the part number compatible for generally G2 legend sedan (91-95)?

my car is 92 legend LS if that matters

thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The Corner Cover P/N was listed for all: 1991-95 Sedans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts