Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i was getting ready for work tonight, and i decided i'd drive the G1 coupe. It hadn't been started for like 3 weeks. Really hadn't been driven for a month or so. So, i got ready to leave, walked out to the car, and it fired right up like nothing. I noticed it was really low on gas so i stopped at the race track down the road to get some gas. I get back in the car to leave and it wouldn't start. It didn't turn over, didn't click, nothing. All the lights came on, radio worked, etc... I check to make sure my battery connection wasn't loose(that was my problem before). It wasn't loose, everything was fine there. Still wouldn't start. Had to get my roomate to bring me my truck to tow it home. Poor G1. I really want to start driving this car, since gas is getting so high. What could possibly be my problem?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Kinda sounds like the ignition is being faulty. When you turn the key to crank the motor, does the light dimmer/flicker?

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't really notice anything unusual with the dash lights. Everything seemed to come on fine just like always. Just wouldn't turn over.

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking main relay at first..i know on the G2's main relay is located under the dash, and you can tap the bottom of the dash while you turn the key and sometimes it will start up. I tried that in this case and it didn't work. Is the main relay under the dash in the G1 as well?

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dammit..well..i guess when i replace the clutch i'll be doing a main relay as well. I hope that fixed my problem.

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just looking on acuraoemparts.com for a main relay and can't seem to find one. What name would it be under? And is there a better place to buy one from?

·
Registered
62 Posts
mine did this a few weeks ago randomly after i had done a tranny swap. on the starter check out the wire with a blue boot on it..... disconnect it and reconnect it. since it is not bolted down it may come loose and you cant see if it is connected or not because of the blue boot on it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.