Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
mYbabYLeGend said:
hey
why doesnt the D4 light up on the dash?
If your fuse (10A) "Interior Lights" is ok, follow as the next step...

Gauge Cluster Removement

1st:
You will find 3 screws (8mm nut) (bottom left = hood-lever, bottom right, and one behind the flat black accessorie panel top left!(If there is a switch, you can pull out the complete switch with a small screw driver). Behind the switch (or the cover), you will find the 3rd screw of the inner plastic frame. Don´t bend it!!!!!

2nd:
There are two black screws one on the left and the other right above the ignition (you have to really look hard!) after those are unscrewed just pull out the black panel with the defrost, cruise, etc, it just pops out!
Be careful: Only PULL ! These cover has a snap-in lock.

3rd:
Pull out the two wiring harnesses, put that to the side, now you have the plastic covering, on the left side and right there are 2 screws a piece, unscrew those, pull cluster out slightly. 2 screws per side = 4 screws!

Now there are three plastic clips holding the plastic cover to the
cluster itself (snap-in lock!), undo these, be careful now, and pull the whole cover out. Now, before you pull the cluster, out there are two wiring harness on the top left and bottom left( reach form underneath to get to it), and the other two harnesses are at the top right. Now you can pull the harness out, and be careful again.

Finally:
What you now have to do, is to unscrews a hell of a lot of screws, (qty: 8 of the 1st cover, then 15 of the rest).

Your bulb, what you will replace here, is located in the center of the inner cluster (P N D4 D3 2 1). The bulp is an simple 1.2W glas socket. Not more. Simple and easy! GOOD LUCK, bro

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine doesn't light up either!!!

Oh wait... I have a stick shift. :D

I'm sorry, it was just way to tempting.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
mYbabYLeGend said:
hey
why doesnt the D4 light up on the dash?
Supplementary

Forgot to write in my last reply of your post here, that the 6 bulps of (P N D4 D3 2 1) ARE NO GLAS SOCKETS !!! These bulps are "soldered in"! Very important, if you plan, to replace these. The only bulbs, which you can easy replace, are 4 pcs of
12V 5W. The others are soldered in (too bad).
Sorry, bro... ;)
Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Hey Mike, how u doin? I have a question too, is the ABS light soldered in as well?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
DSMKiller said:
Hey Mike, how u doin? I have a question too, is the ABS light soldered in as well?
Aha, my friend from Florida !!! :cool:

Hi Brother,
I have removed my gauge cluster yesterday. The cause was the "Interior lights". I have opened it today. Yes, these bulb as soldered on the circuit boards (left & right) are long life bulbs and a little bit higher than the normal glas socket bulbs. Perhapes, you´ll get these by the radio shack or... Honda dealer, but much expensiver. Too much.

ALL BULBS EXCEPT THE 4 12V5W ARE AS SOLDERED IN !
You can believe me. I think, there´s no different between US and German !!! We also have some differents in the design and any features, but the bulbs are the same. Do you have the same cause too ???

Mike / Germany

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Thanks for answering so quickly Mike :) Well my ABS light has been on indicating a problem with the system and i really don't want to pay to deal with it, and the light is quite annoying. Just wondering if i could pull it out, but I guess after what you've told me it's not that easy :) Thanks again!

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
DSMKiller said:
Thanks for answering so quickly Mike :) Well my ABS light has been on indicating a problem with the system and i really don't want to pay to deal with it, and the light is quite annoying. Just wondering if i could pull it out, but I guess after what you've told me it's not that easy :) Thanks again!
Yes. Let it be only, if you´re must replace the bulps.
Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
629 Posts
wheeeew!

Mine went out just the other day, and I was thinking something critical was going on. I want that light though becuase of the various things it indicates when and if it blinks and whatnot. So I'll relax now and tell those transmission people I called to say thanks, but no thanks.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Re: wheeeew!

Armayo said:
So I'll relax now and tell those transmission people I called to say thanks, but no thanks.
Am I on the right way to say "you´re frustraded"? Why? But it´s so simple...

To be the fastest is to own an Legend !!!

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Re: Re: wheeeew!

MikeD said:

Am I on the right way to say "you´re frustraded"? Why? But it´s so simple...

To be the fastest is to own an Legend !!!

Mike / Cologne (Germany)
Yeah, but this car takes care of me so I think its only fair that I take care of her, but sometimes I wish it wasen't so expensive to keep her happy. If it ain't one thing its another,but what can I say, its love.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Shift console light not working

I have a '91 LS Sedan, Automatic, and the shift console lights are not working.

1. Is there a fuse repsonsible for this and if so, where?

2. How easy is it to disassemble teh center console to replace the bulb(s) in there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Not a fuse problem. It's the bulbs and they're simple to replace. You will need to purchase a set of european style intrument panel bulbs from autozone. They resemble 194's but are much slimmer, I forgot exact directions but they are easy to replace,

·
Registered
138 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
Not a fuse problem. It's the bulbs and they're simple to replace. You will need to purchase a set of european style intrument panel bulbs from autozone. They resemble 194's but are much slimmer, I forgot exact directions but they are easy to replace,
Will do. Thanks for teh quick response.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Shift console light not working

csamos2 said:
I have a '91 LS Sedan, Automatic, and the shift console lights are not working.

1. Is there a fuse repsonsible for this and if so, where?

2. How easy is it to disassemble teh center console to replace the bulb(s) in there?

Thanks!
You need to pop off the black trim piece around the shifter. Then remove two screws underneath the ash tray. Then pull the center wood piece back towards you and it should pop off. It is held on by clips. You may need to work it around a little bit, just be careful and it should pop off. I believe the bulb for the center shift console is in the lower left hand corner. It is kinda small.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: Re: MY D4 light on the dash dont light up

SpoonLegend said:

don't worry hass, neither does mine.
LMFAO! :giggle:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I see that this posting started a while ago - my D4 light has been off forever. If I get around to my new indiglo gages, is it easier to replace that bulb at the same time??

Thanks

Chris R

1 - 20 of 25 Posts