Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unsuccessful in getting the 6 color indiglo w/o "Mugen Power", so this is the next best thing......

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
takemorepills said:
I have been unsuccessful in getting the 6 color indiglo w/o "Mugen Power", so this is the next best thing......
Takemore... Sup?... Submit to the wrath of the "Mugen Power" :) . I didn't think I would like it, but even my dad was like,"Oh THAT $#!+ is PHAAAAAAT!" I felt like you did before I got these little indiglo marvels, but once installed, I noticed the little splash of red acccented a few things on my dash I had overlooked. My opinion is, buy a set and see them day and night. If you don't like them, you can practically sell them back on ebay for no loss at all. I'll try to post some pics tonight of my dash. PEACE & Legend Love :D

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Another thing is that the Mugen ones are more the the 91-93 gauges, in 94-95 all the G2 got a different font for the numbers, also more tick marks (91-93 gauges had tick marks every 5mph, 94-95 had tick marks every 1mph, same thing with the temp and fuel gauge).

The Mugen ones were made from a 91 template, the procarparts 6 color ones were made from a 94 template.

Also the 94-95 gauges got pointier needles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love my REVERSE indiglo gauges! I get a lot of compliments from young fellas who know about upgrades and other people who don't know anything about aftermarket parts. So I like that I don't have Mugen ones because it seems that a lot of people have them, like civics and tegs and ... well all of them.

I took out the all the bulbs behind the dash and the ones that shine onto the dash. So all you see is the bright red/blue numbers and lettering in total darkness! Looks awesome but the problem is that you can't see my red-painted needles (red paint looks great during daytime). So I'm going to put back in the dash lights that shine onto the gauges but I did not want to put the factory bulbs back in and was looking to get some kind of blue or red bulb. You legend seems to have blue light shining onto the gauges .... what did you use and where did you get the bulbs?

Thanks a lot,

Gil.

G

·
I was wondering the same thing, what kind of bulbs are those that are that bright. It's hard to find some bulbs that aren't regular yellowish white that will properly light everything up like that.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed a blue neon lamp up in my cluster. I removed the upper stage light assembly, and installed a 9" neon tube in its place. It is pure blue light, and as you can tell, it is so bright that it catches alot more attention than indiglo gauges would, especially since my windows are very dark. This lighting would need to be dimmed a bit if you were to use it with white indiglos, but it might look good with the silvers. Like whitelegend said, the 94-95 gauges have a different font and markings, so unless those procarparts 6 colors become available again, this neon is gonna have to do.

G

·
How is the blue neon for the eyes? It isn't to distracting? Where did you get it? How did you wire it? I could see myself doing this mod very soon ;)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is not too distracting. I let my mom and my friends borrow my car all the time, and they actually enjoy it. But, if you have weak headlights (ion blue, hyper blue, etc) I am sure it would be bothersome. I got the neon from street glow.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
look nice

look nice how did u do that or wher did u buy all stuff ?

email me if u could [email protected]

thanx

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
Another thing is that the Mugen ones are more the the 91-93 gauges, in 94-95 all the G2 got a different font for the numbers, also more tick marks (91-93 gauges had tick marks every 5mph, 94-95 had tick marks every 1mph, same thing with the temp and fuel gauge).

The Mugen ones were made from a 91 template, the procarparts 6 color ones were made from a 94 template.

Also the 94-95 gauges got pointier needles.
Is your MPH marks really every 1 MPH? On both my TYPE II 93 and TYPE II 95 Coupe there is a hash mark every 2 MPH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts