Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So for the lack of finding a "great" Legend mechanic, I decided to bite the bullet, take it up the pooper and brought my car to the dealer, specifically Acura of Valley Stream (for those in NY-please read this).

I was bringing my car in for the following:

1) intermittent vibrations on highway and city streets (tires/rims balanced 5 times-still shakes)
2) ABS light on after full brake install/replacement
3) rough idle in traffic (did chevron cleaner, premium gas from Shell, new fuel filter and PCV valve)

I scheduled my apptmnt for Saturday 8:30 AM. On Friday, I decided to survey the dealership lot to see what kind of cars they were servicing (specifically looking for other legends) and to my surprise, I saw a dark red (rosewood I'm guessing) 93-ish Legend there with customer tags so that made me feel a lil better knowing someone else trusted their workmanship.

Well Sat morning comes around, dealer service opens at 8, and I'm the first one there....lady sits me down, checks me in (first time at dealer) and tells me she'll call me when she finds something out.

12:45 comes around and I'm thinking they should've driven my car by now, looked it over and came up with a diagnosis. I call up dealer to inquire about my car and the lady puts me on hold for about 5min. Then comes back and puts me on hold AGAIN for 5min. She then comes back and tells me they can't find my car :wtf: So she's like "give me 15min and I'll call you back".

20min later, no call so I call back. Again, 10min on hold. I'm beyond pissed at this point so I'm like "Give me the mgr" Her response was "Well the mgr normally doesn't handle these calls, but I'll get him for you as a favor" AS A FAVOR? WTF U DUMB BITCH??? YOU LOSE MY CAR AND NOW ITS A FAVOR THAT YOU GET THE MGR??

Again, another 10min hold. Mgr picks up identifies himself as "Norm". I tell Norm of my frustrations and ask why my car was 1) lost and 2) not looked at yet, since I was the first apptmnt. Norm flips me off and hangs up on me rudely.

So at this point I call back and ask for Norm's mgr. I am referred to the new car sales office. I leave a msg for Norm's Mgr. Norm calls me back and tells me they found my car and to come get it. Norm's Mgr calls me back in route to the dealer and says basically that he doesn't give a flying fuck about my car, me or my business and that Norm was right and I was wrong. :wtf:

So when I get there to get my car, of course the service bays are completely empty and my car is exactly where the tech left it when I brought it in. :wtf:

Fucking dumbass dealer.....next comes a call to Acura corp. I need to let them know that apparently dealers don't give a shit about customer's cars or customer service. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Geeezus, I would have thrown the hugest fit!! What assholes, definitely complain to corporate because that is a bunch of crap.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
even if they did work. the mechanics there wouldnt know wtf to do. mechanics at stealerships are like 18 yr old high school drop outs ..

:p no offence to any mech's out there.. but its true >.<

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Along with the call to Acura Corporate send a letter (certified mail). Nothing beats the paper trail. Reference your phone conversation in the letter. Get a name when you speak with customer service at Acura Corp. Write an open letter to the editor of the local paper and have them publish it too. It's bad publicity that will make a$$-hole dealers take notice.

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got off phone with acura corp...they took my report, apologized and said they will follow-up with the dealer and parties involved.....hopefully some humility will be taught to all parties...If I wasn't on probation, I would've knocked Norm on his pussy ass.....but the *** wouldn't leave his cubicle to deal with me like a man....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've dealt with Valley Stream Acura and their customer service is shit. I've never had any problems with Paragaon Honda in woodside, Queens. Hope that helps.

P.S - Let's Get Norm after hours :)..I've seen the prick and dealt with their bs before.

·
Registered
966 Posts
2) ABS light on after full brake install/replacement

You can pull codes for ABS light with a paperclip. At least you would know before going there what was the issue. Those dealers in NY are certainly different than Florida....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.